The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Deja' Vu Deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Does anyone perform the David Regal Deja' Vu Deck effect and if so do you have any handling tips ? Particularly after the card is in the spectators hand, how do you reassemble the deck gracefully without messing up the order?
What do you follow it up with ? Thanks.
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
PRmagic
View Profile
New user
Bronx NY
50 Posts

Profile of PRmagic
Ok, first off make sure the person has the card sandwiched between two hands 'cause some people tend to look at the card right after you hand it to them.
Now for the other part...when you're counting to find their card while the cards are face down and you find it... don't mess up the whole pack...simply keep the deck fanned face down and remove the spec's card(s) and place it on the top.

If this is done correctly then then only two cards should be out of order if you know what I mean. Then double lift the top card(s) to show it's blank then put the card(s) down. Now gently tap the top card so the other one doesnt drag and hand it to them. Whatever you wanna do from here is fine. Now you just did the effect and can reset in about 5 seconds!

Let me know if this helps you.
Nicodemus

Be Curious
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
The way he handles it in his video is pretty cool. He does a deck switch and shows that all the cards are back. The selection is then nonchalantly pocketed.

I came up with a slightly comical approach.
I ask if anyone thinks they have a magic touch. To test how strong their magic touch is, they are to name any card and try to make it vanish from the pack by snapping their fingers over the deck. I then turn over the deck and show that ALL the cards have disappeared, meaning that their magic touch is stronger than they think. But now to really test them, they have to make their card come back. I explain how they are marked on the back, take out their supposed selection, and put it in their hand. They snap their fingers and the card re-appears.
I then frown and say that unfortunately the rest of the cards can't be saved, they have perished forever. I put the selection back in the deck and say that when I look back at the deck twenty years from now I will remember the day when they ruined my deck, but managed to salvage one card, the one they freely named. Smile

I do this all in a light hearted way, and it looks like I'm doing a bad acting job, which makes it funny. I like the way I end it because it gives me a reason to put the selection back in the deck and put it away, because it is a momento of this horrible day when they ruined my deck. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Killer presentation, Frank.
I like it a lot.

With regards to keeping the order of the deck, I cut the deck when I reach their card.
I find this easier than bringing a double card to the top.
It also makes it easier to get the deck bak in its original order.
Rather than finding where the card should go, you can simply find where to "re-cut" the deck.
Not much maybe, but one of those teeny things that can make your life just that little bit easier.

Stephen
:coolspot:
Hello.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Thanks for the compliment Stephen. Smile

I forgot to mention that I square up the deck and keep a pinky break. Then I just insert the card back where it came from. That is an instant reset.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Thank you for the tips. I really like that " remember when you messed up my deck " idea.
I hold the pinky break also and thought maybe there was a smoother way.

Thanks again. - Nico
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
gmartins
View Profile
New user
Portugal
88 Posts

Profile of gmartins
Very nice Frank. I don't have the deja vu but am planning to buy it. Really apreciated your ideias. Your last line is great.
Gonçalo Martins
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Does David Regal's Deja Vu deck come with one gaff deck or two?

And are people still using this, or was it a flash in the pan that has lost its shine over time?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Looks like "flash in the pan" is your answer. Came here to find out also.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Deja' Vu Deck (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL