The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kingsnqueens
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
77 Posts

Profile of kingsnqueens
My name is Manyfingers Hostetler. It has always been hard for me to talk about myself. I guess it’s partly due to my cultural heritage as a Native American.

We’re taught that if you are a man worthy of praise, or scorn, there will be others to sing your song without you adding to the story.

Most people think that Manyfingers is a stage name, but no, it’s my real name. I’ve never used it as a professional name.

The names I have used are Shawndo the Magical Swami, and Robert Shelleen.

Though I have made some of my livelyhood as a magician I still consider myself to be an amateur. An amateur magician does magic because they have to just for the love of it, and many professional routines come from the harvest of an amateur’s love.

I grew up believing in magic, and for over forty years have been learning the craft,

I believe in magic now more then ever.

I strongly feel that the true purpose of

the magician is to plant the seeds of possibility in the observer that they might grow to see, and feel the magic that’s around all of us.

As a combat Marine in Viet Nam while performing magic for children in a village, we came under attack by the Viet Cong. When the shooting started the children surrounded me, and not one shot came my way.

Performing magic at the Officer’s Clubs afforded me extra privileges that were nice. Entertaining my wounded comrades at Naval Hospitals, and Mash Units gave to me more than I was ever able to give to them.

Those of you who get the opportunity to serve in the USO doing magic for our servicemen and women will know what I mean.

When I came home from the war I was lucky enough to attend a course of training for professional magicians with Marian Chavez at her Van Nuys studio Chavez College of Magic.

Many years ago I was a member of the Magic Castle, and IBM, but currently do not belong to any magical organization.

I love all forms of magic, but probably do more manipulation, and stage magic than any other.

I raise, and train White Doves, and Polish Rabbits for magic use. I’m also trying to get back to building beautiful magic props. Remember what I said about being an amateur? I feel the same way about the magic I build.

I hope I haven’t bored you with my story, but let me finish by saying that magicians talk about the golden years of magic, but I feel the real golden years are now, and the future. Today anyone can have the finest teacher’s in the art come into your living room to educate you in the ways of the modern wizard, but it’s your duty to bring honor to it by your performance.

In my opinion some of the best teachers today are Jeff McBride, Eugene Burger, and my favorite Michael Ammar. By the way I just saw Harry Potter, and I wonder did Harry Potter grow up to be Michael Ammar?

The best thing about magic are the friends, and friendships you make. I try to check in at the Café everyday, and hope to make a lot of friends!

Best Wishes, Manyfingers Hostetler.............kingsnqueens
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
We welcome you to our magic family! Smile

Your love and passion for magic is obvious,

thanks for making the Cafe a part of that.

You’ll find a lot of friends here I know! Smile Smile Smile

There will always be those that wish to rain on your parade, so never leave home without an umbrella...
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Wow, that was quite an introduction.

You sound like a very fascinating, experienced person, Please come back often. Smile

:dancing: Welcome to the Cafe Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Thanx,

Ichazod

All the worlds a stage,

And the men & women merely players;

They have their exits

and their entrances,

And one man in his time

plays many parts.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Wwelcome kingsandqueens

Welcome to the "Magic Cafe"

Come on in, make yourself at home. Smile

We are sooooooo glad to have you here. Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Weclome Manyfingers! Enjoy the Cafe. Smile
Bernard Sim
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Welcome Kingsnqueens!

Your introduction and love for magic are inspiring!

Don't ever lose your passion! It's something that we all need to keep!

Thank You!
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Welcome aboard, KingsnQueens!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
stocktrader
View Profile
New user
New York
31 Posts

Profile of stocktrader
Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Nice to meet you.

Steve Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Welcome to The Cafe, Manyfingers Smile

After that stellar introduction of yours all I can say is:

Life is magic,

and magic is Life.

I am looking forward to your posts. Smile

Tom

Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL