The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tong2_93
View Profile
New user
US Naval Air Facility,Ayase City,Japan
21 Posts

Profile of tong2_93
Where is the best place to do street magic? In front of a mall and buildings, sidewalks, or playgrounds.
"TRY AND TRY UNTIL YOU DIE..."
Good luck with your magic tricks...
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
Downtown, evening time. Malls will run you off unless you do a lot of paperwork for them. That doesn't really count as street performing anyway. You have to be on a street, in a busy downtown area. You get a lot of grief, so make sure that you're good.
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Good question, but I hope you're not going to try it at ten years old. I wouldn't be brave enough to attempt it at even twice that age.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
I do several varieties of performance (children's, renfaire and some street). To me the safest way to get into street is 'pitching'. This where you sell a product and do magic to support it. In my opinion a beginner also makes a lot more money doing this as if the magic was lousy, you still have a product.

I have a mobile set up and blow balloons supported by straightforward direct magic. People pay for the balloons and I have a hawker's license and insurance. I tend to work markets and I do okay in terms of cash. Most places will let you try out a place and you have a month to get the insurance in my country (in the States, ???).

Anyway, you seem young and this seems the safest way to put your toes into the water. You get to polish your magic, give out business cards for other gigs and it's fairly civilised as most markets have security. To be fair it's not necessarily real street, but it's a good starting point.
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL