The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Patter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

imagine
View Profile
New user
oxfordshire
69 Posts

Profile of imagine
When you deal with the presentation, what's your creative process, how do you develope your patter?

best regards

Robert
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
I don't think of it as patter. I don't really like the word. I just try to keep everything simple and direct, and use what understanding of language and performance ability I have to come up with a script (although not a written one) which does the job as well as it can.
I've given answers elsewhere about how I come up with effects, if you want to have a look around here. Sorry, it's impossible to refer people accurately to previous answers. With TV stuff, when you have to come up with an inordinate amount of material, it's different from working on your own live routines. With TV you have the luxury of people paid to thrash ideas out with you. And more than one person's input stops things becoming indulgent and complacent.

Cheers,
db

db
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Patter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL