The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Ruthless selection » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
Hello Derren,

You've mentioned in several of your publications for magicians the need for being ruthless in the selection of material when it comes to choosing effects that suit your style. I wondered if you could talk a little about effects that maybee you had a soft spot for, but in the end had to make the descision to cut because they didn't suit your performance character. Is there, for example, a secret and cherished Derren Brown cups and balls routine that you queitly perfom when no one is looking? As a spectator are there magical genres other that mentalism and playing card work (both of which you are enormously gifted at) which still delight you?

Thanks

J
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
Hmm. I still love pickpocketing, but it's not an easy one to drop into mentlaism routines. It can stand on its own as part of a set, given the proper framing, but I had to lose a watch steal I was using in the stage show because it seemed out of place. I've lost my affection, I have to say, for most conjuring card tricks, unless they happen to be really engagingly performed.
I still love magic, so if something is performed well, of course I'll really enjoy it. It's always a delight to see the greats work, and I'm lucky enough to know a few. I was sat, unworthy, in the company of Lennart Green and Guy H the other week in a hotel bar, doing my best to contribute to a little card session. It was such a delight, and such things will, I hope, never cease to be hugely enjoyable and exciting.

Thanks,
db
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Ruthless selection » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL