The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What kind of microphone holder do you use on stage? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I think it might throw off the balance a bit. I know where you are coming from but I would just use a lapel mic as opposed to having to rerig something up for a hand-held.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Magic_streak, several people have said (both here and in your same thread under "Tricks & effects for sale") that they use and recommend the Gimcrack. It's $10 or $12 bucks. Buy it.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
For working fairs, my battery-op Maxi-Mouse from Lectrosonics is an indestructable workhorse. It is the unit that street magicians use most often when they can find them...and I can go 2-3 days with a single charge.

For a very workable 30-cent mike holder: Take a shoestring and a 10" length of coat-hanger wire. Curl the very ends of the wire tightly (to remove the sharpness of the ends) and insert it, thru the fabric, into the shoelace. Center it, then tie a knot in the lace at each end of the wire, to prevent the wire from travelling. Now, bend the wire around the bottom of the mike-head almost to a circle, and then bend each end outward, v-shaped. Tie the shoelace around your neck at the proper length... (or add an adjustable bead)...the mike slips in and out from the rear and will stand out from your chest at the proper angle to pick up your voice properly. Highly compact, reliable and almost free. Works for handheld wireless or corded mikes.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
When I was at a magic convention. They suggested the coat hanger idea. Steal a coat hanger, grab the center of the long side and pull. You now have a diamond shape. Bend the hood up and put your mike in it. Your head goes thru the diamond shape.

Fast and simple!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2004-10-16 09:26, Magic_streak wrote:
FOr those of you using a mic holder that is slung over your neck so that the mic dangles somewhere below your chin, do you find that the mic cannot effectively pick up what you are saying? I have seen a mic holder which is like a steel structure that sits on the performer's shoulders and the mic is held directly at the performer's mouth. Do you guys think that might help?

I actually find that a good handheld hyper-cardoid mike, with a Gim-Crack Holder, gets better sound than the lapel mikes I've used. I've used a lot of lapel mikes over the years.

Never tried a holder that angles the mike right at the mouth, but I remember one that Steve Hart used, made of electrical cable, that did the same thing. It was a length of cable, held in a loop by heat shrink tubing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What kind of microphone holder do you use on stage? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL