The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Invisible Coin - any reviews? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
Sounds interesting. Does anyone have this? Recommendations?

A pack of cards is removed from its box and spread face-up to show that the cards are all different. It is then squared up and held in the left hand, backs of the cards facing up.

An empty drinking glass is turned upside down and is placed on top of the cards, the mouth of the glass facing down. The magician now takes an "invisible" 25 cent piece from his pocket, "shows" it on both sides and then places it on the bottom of the inverted glass. He then slaps the bottom of the glass with the palm of his right hand - the invisible coin appears to penetrate into the glass where it clinks loudly and suddenly becomes visible!

The magician then asks the spectator to hold out his hand, palm up. The magician then tilts the deck of cards so the quarter will slide off into the spectators upturned palm, but by the time it reaches the spectator's hand, it has instantly changed into a penny! This is given to the spectator to keep as a souvenir of the magic they have just witnessed.

This incredible gaff is hand crafted and of the highest quality, so it will last for many, many great performances.
Gary B
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
This is, I'm sure, a revival of an effect that was released at least 25 years ago. It looks quite magical. Of course, you do have to deal with a gimmick, so you probably won't go on to do card effects after this.

In the original version, if you didn't want to turn the quarter into a penny, you could repeat the quarter-appearing effect. I don't know if this version is exactly the same, but I'd assume so.

Jerry
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I had that years ago in Talley brand cards and that was the only thing that could be done with it.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The effect you are refering to is INVISIBLE QUARTERS availiable at: thetrickery.com. I think I will be ordering this soon you reminded me of an old classic !!!
THANKS ,
TOPHATTER
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I have seen the ad at Murphy's Magic Supplies and this one looks identical to a card-gimmick I made 2 years ago with an Euro 50 cent piece, which has the same diameter as a quarter. Bicycle riderback cards are perfect for that. THINK. But I don't know exactly if it uses the same technique I used. Funny.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
CardMaker

I think I know what you are talking about, but I'm not familiar with making gaffed cards.

Would you be interested in selling a gimmicked Bike card to do this?

Or can you recommend a good source for learning how to make gaffed cards? I've seen a few DVD's being advertised, but don't which are good, and if they are worth the money.

Thanks
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Invisible Quarters at The Trickery is done with a non bicycle deck. It's available in either red of blue. I have the blue deck because I think it looks less gimmicked.

Invisible Coin is done in either red or blue bicycle back. It's the same effect. I have both effects.

Why? Invisible quarters came out first. I got it last year. I got Invisible Coin because it now was available in bicycle stock.

The effect is very visual to the spectator.
exohordon
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of exohordon
Is the deck examinable?
exohordon
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of exohordon
Is the deck examinable?
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Approx. 6 or 7 cards are not examinable. The rest of the deck is examinable.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Algebraic, thanks for clearing that up ,think I will order INVISIBLE COIN of course I would rather have the bicycle cards .
THANKS,
Tophatter.
Laffski
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Laffski
I did the magic community a favor and bought this prior to seeing any reviews, so here goes. In short, I’d suggest saving your money. I’m not familiar with the other effects mentioned on this thread so I can’t say how similar it may be, but the method for Invisible Coin, to me at least, makes it unusable. Without divulging the secret, I can say that what makes this trick possible is also what makes it unworkable for me. There is a major discrepancy which is not shown in the advertisement that I believe will stand out like a sore thumb to spectators. While it may be possible to overcome this with a considerable amount of craft work on the purchaser’s part (and this would be in addition to the additional purchase you’ll probably need to make to do the effect as described), but for the price I would have expected to receive this as part of the purchase. Instead, you receive two ordinary coins - as if we all can’t get two of these ourselves! There are actually two major weak points to this routine, and one of them you can not get around since it is what makes the trick possible, so suffice it to say I will never attempt to perform it. Also, the teaching video is very poorly done. It is only about 10 minutes long, and yet it seems they didn’t attempt to do any editing to make it easier to follow. To me, this product borders on false advertisement, and the method so impractical that I will simply never purchase another effect by this manufacturer. I’ve been helped by many others here with their reviews of other effects, so I hope this is helpful to anyone considering this one.

Laffski
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
This post is 14 years old by the way Laffski.
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
Not a moment too soon!
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Invisible Coin - any reviews? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL