The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Just In Case by Pete Biro & Joe Porper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Watch for a Priority Mail envelope. Thanks for your words.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
asdffdsa
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of asdffdsa
I got mine a while back and I think the money was well spent. A friend of mine actually knew how it works before the purchase but he still ran out and bought one because the key is very hard to manufacture and the case is a thing of beauty. Sometime, I still prefer to use Mercedes Bendz Key but the reel less & TT less approach to the case can’t be beaten. IMO, the load is by far the best for this type of effect. You have plenty of time to carefully load the ring as suggested in the instructions. I seldom write a review on this board now but I will give this wonderful trick 9 out of 10 as I still see some room for improvement to the key.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
There is no question here...buy it. I can't believe anyone is actually questioning the value. Its not Matrix 2000 folks.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Asdffdsa... How do you pronounce your name? Anyway, PM me with your suggestion on the key. We have made many, many prototypes and found the one released was as good as we could figure... but your thoughts are welcome.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not Matrix 2000... hmmmmmmmm... wonder if the purse would work for a matrix routine...
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Pete,

Personally I think the key is just fine. It is very difficult to spot anything funny unless you carefully examine it. When it first arrived I didn't look at the instructions as I wanted to look at closely as a layman might. I thought intially it might be like a folding type mechanism but was wrong. During performances as stated in my review all is well. Not one has spotted or even cared to spot the gaff.

The only possible thing I can think of is , and I don't know if this could be accomplished, Many of the new cars have a large plastic head that encases a computer chip. Mr. Porper may be able to put some sort of locking mechanism within that somehow. Just a thought.

I personally don't really see much of a need for it. The craftsmanship is superb as is and thus makes it a joy to perform.

RandyM
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Well as promised Mr. Biro lived up to his customer service promise. I had a slight defect in the one purchased not all that big of deal , I did fix it temporarily. It had to do with the clasp. In record time (Couple Days) I received a Priority mail from Mr. Biro with a brand new clasp.

Thanks Pete!

RandyM
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You're welcome.
Dr. Faust
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Kentucky
183 Posts

Profile of Dr. Faust
I dug up this thread looking for opinions to help me make a decision about a possible purchase of "Just in Case." From the praise of so many satisfied customers, this looks like a real winner that I'll be purchasing very soon! Thanks for the great magic, Pete!!!

Sincerely Grateful,

Dr. Faust
"I have such sights to show you!"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Many thanks.... we are proud of this effect, and the number of HAPPY customers keeps growing.
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Having heard of Joe Porper and finding it difficult to find his props because he vanished for a while I was glad to hear he was back and manufacturing again.
I have purchased Just in Case and I am very happy with it. As far as weather or not the key can be examined is of little importance. It's just a key. It looks like any standard key. The ending of the ring appearing in the case kills.

I also have Wash off and a set of his Linking Rings. Keep up the good work Joe.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Does the set come with a detailed handling of mike close's "ring fright",if not where is it published?
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2005-06-24 19:40, strollingmagician wrote:
Does the set come with a detailed handling of mike close's "ring fright",if not where is it published?

Workers #5 by Mike Close
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The instruction is pretty well outlined for Ring Fright... you could work it our easily just with that description.

And... you may want to create your own routine.

Seabrooke uses a pair of Jockey Shorts instead of a silk.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Pete, sorry to get off subject, but I love your photographs. I think you are a very talented photographer (as well as a magician). I am learning photography and would like to ask a question or 2 if you have the time. I know you are very busy, and its a big favor to ask.

PM me if I may ask you a couple questions.

Jeff

p.s. Although I had an interest in photography since high school, I never really pursued it. How old were you when you you got serious about photography? I am in my 40's and wonder if its too late for me to start?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It is never too late to start. You may have started earlier than you think, in that you look at and appreciate photos... that is part of the skill needed. Sure PM me anytime. For a "taste" to got http://www.petebiro.com and see page two, then clik on the "buy" link and then at that page "gallery" (you don't need to buy anything, it just gets to you see more photos).
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Thanks Pete.

Jeff
kwong
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kwong
After receiving a two broken chains version of The Lost Key from Murphysmagic.com, I received an other defective item from Penguinmagic.com again. I am so disappointed that mine come with broken lobster hook as result the gimmick is detached from the case........ Honestly, I am really disappointed with the poor QC for such high cost product. Actually, as a overseas customer, I really don't think it is worth to spend extra money and waste any time to send the defective item back and forth for any replacement.
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Hi. I have Just a Key but now I want to buy also Just a Case and The Poker Chip Surprise. Can someone give me a link from where, because I can not find them in stock...
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Just In Case by Pete Biro & Joe Porper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL