The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Paul Mckenna's hypnotic show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Mckenna's TV show was responsible hugely for ruining hypnosis in this country. It over exposed it and was partly the reason so many other "hypnotists" took to the stage. Most of them were really bad with no training and that's how the problems started. It also ruined the market with every second pub having a hypnotist who would work for peanuts and deliver a pretty naff show. #Of course they have all moved to Spainnow..

This is why we don't have insurance in this country anymore..
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I have to agree with TM it was a great show, although it was very standard. He used the same old stuff, milking cows, Skippy the Bush Cangaroo, Riding Horses, Elvis etc. So in that respect a little disappointing.

All in all it was a nice night full of laughter and he seems to be a really nice guy.

Kind thoughts,

Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
hypn
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of hypn
Paul Mckenna was not the guy who made it hard for people to perform Hypnosis in Britain. As a matter of fact, due to his popularity the stage hypnosis market exploded. It was due to several court cases e.g. the volunteer who broke his legs when he jumped of stage, the Sharron tabbard case and the case against Paul Mckenna which eventually led to negative publicity and lack of work.

There are several greats in the world of stage hypnosis, each having contributed in a big way - Ormond Mcgill, The Great franquin (his life story is available in book form) Martin St James, Peter Casson and Max Collie to name a few.

I am sure you will love Paul Mckenna's work - he is a true PRO.
Andre The Hilarious Hypnotist
carldourish
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of carldourish
I saw Paul three years ago. A great entertaining show. Not just an entertainer but a professional therapist. Have you noticed him tapping peoples face now when he appears on T.V. working with people who have phobia's

CARL
Magic Willie
View Profile
New user
Glasgow, Scotland
2 Posts

Profile of Magic Willie
My brother Spent 3 weeks on his NLP course. As Robert is into Magic and performing he did his whole show for the class and explained how to put a show together. Robert spent time with him finding how he could incorporate mentalism magic into and act. So he is working on it and we hope to have somthing ready for the new year for clubs etc.

Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Paul Mckenna's hypnotic show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL