The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Spark gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Any product that is remote controlled and small? I'm adding a prop to my show that needs to look like a malfunctioning radio. I've seen some larger devices, but they seem like overkill for my needs.
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
845 Posts

Profile of glowball
To fix a funken ring:
push down and tightly place the duck/gorilla tape strip (1/2 inch by 9 inch) over top of an extended flint spring wrapping the remainder of the tape around the device avoiding the wind up area.

This puts enough downward pressure on the flint spring to make the device work well.

I'm going to call this method 4 (my best method for fixing a funken ring).

Simplified instructions:
if your device is not making any sparks then do the following;

1. with a very small flat blade screwdriver make sure the brass tube barrel is empty then turn the device upside down and shake it so any loose parts will fall out through the hole.
2. insert the flint from a cheap $1 Bic lighter into the barrel.
3. insert the long spring from the Bic lighter into the barrel and cut the spring to stick out about 3/16 inch above the case top.
4. tightly duck/gorilla tape over top the spring.

This fix should make your device last longer because the Bic flint is about twice as long.
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
845 Posts

Profile of glowball
I just created a YouTube video on how to fix your flasher funken ring. This is my first truly edited video, but it has a lot of good information. To watch and hear click on the below and turn your volume up.

https://youtu.be/5YJw2xnnEr8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Spark gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL