The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Real impromtu magic, caught off gard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Hello,

Lots of magical effect require Props... But it does not mean you can't preform them impromptu, as props are just fancy looking everyday objets... And when you don't use gimmicks, props can be found anywhere...

You can do magic everywhere (sea, beach, mountain, restaurants, bar, street) at any time for anyone (child & adult)

Let me explain:

Cups and balls can be performed in restaurants with coffe cups ,tea cups(even sake cups for mini C&B), bowls and a couple of bread/napkin/paper or any fruits peanuts, etc. In bars, you would need tainted glass

Speaking of bars, you always have a lot of Bets, Can-you's, pool tricks or equilibrium stunts.
Matches ar always a winner there...

Three card monte can be done with anything, just color (ash or pen one of the card/beer mat/business cards... restanrants and bars give them freely and it makes good advertizement for them... Three card monte can also be done with anything (ie coins, just stick a paper under on of them), even three macthes boxes and a coin...

You can even do a Three shell games with coca cola bottle caps and a piece of bread / rubber / paper
Or with bear caps and a small coin (two is better), matches boxes, thimbles etc.

Many impromptu magic with cigarettes (if you don't smoke, just take a paper or bill and rool it up...)

And Many impromptu tricks with coins... I'm using 2€, 50cys, it's still working. Try figertip pos or edge grip. (although you can palm them, it good practice for any palming)

Any mentalism

Any physical or mental stunt (calculus..., can you do this..., bet you can't...)

A Fast and lose game with any string (it has do be done in your hand though)

Couple of tricks with bills, switchs, and almost ANY coin move

Trick and stunts with matches or lighter (paddle move for lighter (has to have diff sides)

Impromptu pen through paper and origamis (it's that magic?)

Balducci levitation, twisting arm illusion...

Other wise, you can just tell a couple of jokes or problems, or you can go juggling... (best is flair!)

Remember, Magic's EVERYWHERE! Ya just gotta look... and play with the minds!!!
What they don't see, they don't know about!

Any other idea of real impromptu? I'm sure the list is not exhaustive, but it can never be...

Ludwig
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I always have rubber bands on my wrists to perform Crazy Man's Handcuffs when asked to do something. Also, a nice quick vanish of a borrowed coin goes over really well. It does not even have to be a coin. You can vanish almost any small borrowed object right under their noses.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
I agree with Phil. Crazy Man's Handcuffs is abolutely the very best piece of impromptu magic that you can do.
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
Any coin effects (non Gimick)

And yes I have to agree, Magic is everywhere if only we could open our imaginations and see...........
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Maaaagic!
View Profile
New user
Maidenhead, UK
43 Posts

Profile of Maaaagic!
Impromptu magic is best done when someone hands you something and asks you to do a trick with it - a few simple coin sleights usually do it(thanks Bobo)unless they hand you a pint glass - then I tend to go into a glass bite (the old but great coin gag).Two coffee cups = penetrating cups (ala cups&balls or pen thru cup). Pen= optical shrink or puzzling over thumbs twist??(name of effect?) or napkin=origami rose or coin/pen thru. All easy but fun stuff - no-one cares.
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Maaaaaaaaagic, ever tried to balance a pint on it's edge (35° minimum angle)? or three pints on top of each other?
non gimmicked bill switch

magic' everywhere...
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
magicman03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicman03
Recap and Recap Revisited is a real killer.
And though its a gimmick, outsmokin is nice to.
Jhonsky
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
112 Posts

Profile of Jhonsky
I love spoonbending at dinner table
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
K, that's a great post Smile Lot's of thoughts appreciated there, which I have never thougth about myself Smile

Thank you very much!
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Excellent topic.
Yes, any kind of utensil bending is solid and coin vanishes work well too for impromptu situations.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Real impromtu magic, caught off gard (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL