The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Who's Better? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardshark101
View Profile
New user
UK Hertfordshire
69 Posts

Profile of cardshark101
Who's better?

Blaine, or Copperfield?

I personally find Copperfield better.

Smile Smile
Cardshark

All things are difficult before they become easy...
TheMagician
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of TheMagician
Me too.
Copperfield all the way!... He's actually a magician. Smile Smile
-Robert
...The Magician
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
I like Blaine better, but I respect them both.

--Christopher Carter
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
It all depends on how you define "better", and from whose perspective?

David Copperfield presents some truly stunning illusions but also does some neat close-up, works really hard, and appears to have a broader range of skills.

David Blaine seems to have a narrower scope, but has created much more of a stir with his street magic.

Asking which one is better is like asking me whether I prefer steak or apple pie - I like them both, but for different reasons and for different times.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
It's proven that Copperfield is better.

Blaine proved it when he made millions of Americans watch him jump onto a bunch of boxes.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
There is need to compare because DC is so much better. Michael Ammar is better and many other close up performers. The only thing david Blaine did was bringing close up to the people.
Most of his tricks were older tricks by other performers.
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
I agree with Mark that this is all really just an apples an oranges sort of comparison. Tastes vary among all people, and it's just silly to get involved in an "I'm right, you're wrong," sort of contest. I have huge respect for David Copperfield, but among the 18 to 25 age bracket in the United States, right now Blaine is considerably more popular. In spite of what many of you think, this is not an accident.

--Christopher Carter
Martin Whetter
View Profile
New user
Red Deer, Canada
14 Posts

Profile of Martin Whetter
I like them both. David Blaine certainly knows how to 'wow' folks on the street and David Copperfield knows how to 'wow' folks on stage.

They are both promoting magic in their own ways, so I see them as advancing an art form that needs some reviving now and then - at least in my neck of the woods. Smile

Marty
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
i dont like blaine very much, becaus that levitation he did with the cameras,he is good dont get me wrong but i think that copperfield is way way better, iono tho just my opinion. =)

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
copperfield.
Blaine is a good showman though...
None of Blaine's tricks impress me much...
TheMagician
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of TheMagician
Blaine is no showman at all. Since when has he actually "performed" an effect instead of just "show" one??? To me he has the personality of a rock!!!
:stuckinbag:
-Robert
...The Magician
brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
Smile
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
iluznst
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
66 Posts

Profile of iluznst
Copperfield uses cameras too (oh my God). And Blaine is one hell of a showman, kind of along the vein as P.T. Barnum. Aside from all that, they are two completely different magicians and appeal to different people as one astute individual above pointed out.

DA

ps. I didn't know David Blaine could levitate cameras too. Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
This question rates right up there with "worth" when people ask - "Is ____, (x-trick) worth it?"

This all depends on how you rate "worth" - so it's is a personal question -

Who is your favorite, Blaine or Copperfield? My answer.... Mark Wilson.

Ok Copperfield....

Blessings,
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Wait I just learned DC was David Copperfield not District of Columbia! Zoinks!

Copperfield has that dulled stare to him, kind of Houdiniesc. But D.C. had the best illusion of them all, Claudia.
Kard16
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Kard16
Copperfield was my inspiration in getting into magic, and yes, copperfield uses cameras and blaine does to. Well I guess they are both great, but blaine really does looks like a real magician. Any ways I think copperfield is one of the best magicians out there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Who's Better? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL