The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Flash paper to will you marry me? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I'm just experimenting. But what do you guys would be the best way to produce a ring with flash paper? Not the floating rose tough I have another post with that question. Sorry to be more specific its an engagement ring.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Try a Big ring, or a magor Coin! Smile
I actualy don't know, I will go for the rose of something like that!
Hapyy new Year and Merry Christmas!

:D
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Could have a flash paper rose and then produce a real rose and on one of its stems have a ring hanging from it.
Profan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Profan
Two things come to mind:

Wrap the ring in flash paper. Display the paper packet on the palm of your hand. Touch it with a match, allow it to burn on your hand, revealing the ring.

Clip the ring between your first and second finger. Hold a piece of flash paper in that hand between the thumb and index finger. Light it, and give it a gentle toss upward. Let your thumb go under the ring and push it up, giving the appearance of plucking it from the flame.

Andy
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
There was a trick like that published in a Genii or Magic magazine ... the basic idea is to have the ring threaded through a string or necklace and palmed in the hand. Fold the flash paper around the string, so it is balled up on the string. When you light the flash paper, release the ring and it will slide down the string/necklace.

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Joe joe I like that idea, PM me with more info on this.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Here's an idea that may not be the exact method that you're looking for, but I've seen similar things work well. First, write the words "look up", in the middle of a small sheet of flashpaper, small enough to be covered by a copper coin. Writing the proposal question itself would be considered tacky to most. Put the copper coin over the writing and twist the paper so that it looks a little like a candy kiss. Have the ring box easily accessible in your pocket.

Bring out the flashpaper "kiss" and touch it off with a lighter. The copper coin will keep the message on the flashpaper from igniting, if done properly. Start to put the lighter away, ready to bring the ring box out of the pocket. Tell her to lift the coin and read what the message under the coin says. As she does this pull the ring box from your pocket and open the box. If timed properly, she should look up at the time you just opened the box. Then, you can pop the question.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I like that Alan thanks alot. quick question. Do you know where I can get flash paper in bulk, Not just the packets?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Many dealers sell the sheets, but having a large quantity of flashpaper on hand is rather dangerous, unless it's stored wet. I don't know who would have it in bulk.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK thanks a lot for your input I guess I need to learn to do it myself.
redhot
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of redhot
I saw this on "max magic" you ask the girl to write something on a piece of flashpaper for example her phone number you then screw the paper up and say "do you mind if I give you a ring?" suggesting a phone call, you then light the paper and toss it into your other hand where it has supposedly turned into an actual ring. You could then pop the big question.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Sounds good I have to work with it.

P.S. glad to be your first post . welcome to our humble aboad.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Dude check in the FX section of the forum and I think you will info on Bulk flash paper. I could be wrong though.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks a lot I am on my way right now to go see if they due have in bulk. Thanks everybody I appreciate all you guys input but I did it this morning. I decided to go a diffrent route being that it would taken a bit to get paper quick . I just ended up doing a classic cup and ball routine.
And the final load was the ring. But thanks to all.
ace_spade
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario
135 Posts

Profile of ace_spade
Did she say "YES" ??
"Believing is seeing" Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL yeah she did trust me if she didn't I wouldve never posted on here again. and she loved the routine. Thanks for the support.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
http://www.daytonamagic.com

There's a rose item called "A Rose by Any Other Name".
I believe one of the effects has to do with a ring.

Good luck!
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Redhot that was one of my creations for Max Magic. Quick question? Why did you say it has 'supposedly' turned into an actual ring?

Joe
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Joe,
Redhot hasn't posted here in a year and a half. If you're bothered by the word "supposedly" I'm wondering... Does that mean the flash paper really does turn into a ring? That would be a neat trick! I don't think Redhot meant to say anything bad about it at all.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
scrivomcdivo
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, United Kingdom
61 Posts

Profile of scrivomcdivo
I could have done with this routine at New Year. Instead, I took my girlfriend to Norway and proposed whilst Husky-sleighing in the mountains at midnight. Just a spectacular Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Flash paper to will you marry me? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL