The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Custom Fan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I'm looking for a Chinese fan, the type used for Snowstorm, but one that dosen't have asian designs on it. In reality I would like to either have one made or make my own but I'm not sure who can do this for me. Anyone know? Thanks!

Cheers,

Cameron Fisk
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I've been working on making some fans in my workshop. They are fairly simple to build and you can use any fabric you want. You can buy a thin piece of wood from any hobby or craft store and cut it into strips. I drill a small hole in one end and attach the strips together a small screw and nut. This allows me to adjust the tension as the fan gets older. You can also just buy a cheap chinese fan (Cloth, not paper), tear off the fabric and glue another piece in place with a glue gun or spray adhesive.

Good luck,
Richard
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Hey,
If you can find one of the bigger "Card & Party Stores" or a major craft store, you can find the heavier, larger paper fans that are intended to be hand painted. We use the fan three times in the show and so I have created a simple stencil that can easily be painted in about a minute. Then, we make extras and sell them at the merchandise table. It is sometimes hard to find these but they have been a real treasure for us.

Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I once found a site that sold an oriential fan kit to make yourself. It was a while back. Maybe you can do a search and find it. I have so many links, I cannot locate it on my computer.

A illusion builder in Rochester, Indiana once made custome fans that opened automatically. He advertised in Linking Ring some years ago.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Custom Fan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL