The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Help finding the right headset (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2005-02-03 23:04, Regan wrote:
Your answer to my post above created another question or two. I hadn't even thought of a handheld wireless. If I were to get the handheld wireless, would I not have to get an extra beltpak transmitter to work with a headset. I have lots of handheld mics, but no wireless system, so I don't know much about them either. I was thinking that a handheld transmitter was in the mic itself, and that you did not get a beltpak transmitter with a handheld wireless system.

Usually, with an RF handheld, the transmitter is in the mic. So, if you initially buy a system with a handheld, then you'll have to buy a beltpack when you eventually bought a headset/earset. Again, not knowing your situation, I can't pretend to make value-based judgements for you, so I'm just giving you any info I think might ne helpful. Maybe I'm saying too much?

Quote:
Is omni-directional ok for the earset?

Yes. Some folks prefer omni, and some uni. I prefer omni unless gain-before-feedback is an issue, because, when feedback is not an issue, the sound of an omni is more consistent, and more predictable.

Quote:
Is the WH20 an omni or a uni?

Uni.
Dan McLean Jr
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2005-02-03 23:38, Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie wrote:

Usually, with an RF handheld, the transmitter is in the mic. So, if you initially buy a system with a handheld, then you'll have to buy a beltpack when you eventually bought a headset/earset. Again, not knowing your situation, I can't pretend to make value-based judgements for you, so I'm just giving you any info I think might ne helpful. Maybe I'm saying too much?
[/quote]

Dan, you could never say too much for me. It's just that I ask too many questions. Smile

Thanks so much. You have been a great help. Your advice will weigh heavily on my decision. I am not sure yet which way I will go. I am just going to have to study everything and go with I think will be the best for me. Even with all the great information I have received here, I am still not sure what the best choice for me is.

Decisions, decisions.....

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Help finding the right headset (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL