The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DougE
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of DougE
My wife and I are in the process of creating a kids show that will include magic,ventriloquisim and balloon animals. I have a question about using a vent figure in close proximity with children. How do you handle kids coming up and saying "Let me see!", wanting to handle the puppet?
alson
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of alson
DougE,
Two ideas on that ,since I do most kids shows.
One, you need to have what they call a warm up with the kids ,many ,many books on the subject. It help you get control of what is going with the kids. If you need
a list of books ,please let me know.
Second, you will need a some rope ,I use a thick rope and make a magic stage so this kids know this is the stage and most of the time will not cross the rope.
Please know with driffernt age children ,this can be driffernt problem . I have now with younger childrens at the end of my show , let them pet one of the older
soft puppets.
But I still think the warn up with the kids is best ,let them know what you what you expect out of them and most of the time they will leave the puppets alone.
One more thing ,leave your puppet out of site until you bring it to life, then
put back to where it out of site again when your done . Hope this help you.
Alson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL