The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » String for Ring and string. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, DaveGripenwaldt wrote:
You might also consider velvet cord from the notions department of a fabric shop.

In his DVD "Ring Leader", Gregory Wilson uses Velvet cord for most of the work because it fits with his routine's premise that some jewely stores have their rings on such cords as a security measure, so a buyer can look at them, but they are still somewhat anchored down.

I have the original VHS and the black velvet cord and gold practice ring that was supplied back then. I can fully attest to the greatness of that cord over a ribbon (which I have heard is now included with the DVD).

I still have the original VHS copy too, except I believe mine came with dark maroon velvet cord.
Also, Dave Gripenwaldt is probably too modest to say so but he came up with a lot of the work shown on Ring Leader too.
Thanks for your efforts Dave, they're still being learned and used by many!
Smile
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Hey, Thanks, OTB. Appreciate that. Glad you found something to use....always cool to know stuff is being used.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » String for Ring and string. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL