The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Subscribed Function is broken. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
I have tried unscribing re-subscribing, all kinds of things.. Nothing is working..

I really LOVED this feature very much and used it a lot and hope one day you guys can figure out what the issue is and fix it..

Thanks!
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
I'm also noticing this. I recently started subscribing to several threads as a way of bookmarking them, and I'm noticing that new messages are getting posted and I'm not getting notification emails.

I still get some notification emails, but not for all of my subscribed threads. Is there a limit to the number of threads I can be subscribed to?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Yes.. Everyone keeps referring me back to that thread.. But it don't explain why it is obviously still not working..
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Did you not read the reply I posted in your other thread? Simply put, there's nothing we can do, it's not a Café problem. Here's the message again in case you missed it:
Quote:
I just checked the server's email log and it shows a whole bunch of emails sent to you in the last month that were accepted by your email server, including emails for the two messages I posted in this topic. It appears the subscribe function is working fine, you're just not getting the messages for some reason. There may be something after receipt by your email server that is blocking the emails. If you use any spam filters you might want to check those. I don't know what else to suggest really.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Thanks.. Sorry no I did not see that until just now.. I will check with Yahoo. I did check my Spam folder when all this first occurred to make sure they were not going there and they were not.. Very odd..
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
For what it's worth I'm not getting notifications to subscribed threads either.
Also, checked spam folder.
Ed
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I stopped getting notifications too. They worked perfectly for many months, then suddenly stopped. None are in my e-mail server spam folder (which I check daily).

Before notifications existed, I kept a list of Café bookmarks of topics that I'd check occasionally. When I subscribed to topics, I no longer kept the bookmarks. Is there any way that I can find a list of which topics I'm subscribed to?

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dave, if you click on My Profile at the top right of the page, you'll see a list of topics you have subscribed to.
Where the magic begins
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Thanks for that information, Dave

(Still puzzling that I and others stopped receiving notifications in 2016)

Dave
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Apologies for going slightly off topic, but searching for this thread which has the word Subscribed in its title, using Subscribed as the keyword, search in Topic Title Only, search All Forums, this thread isn't found.

Dave
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I've just now received a Topic Reply Notification - the first one for several months. So maybe the bug (whatever it was and wherever it was) has been fixed?

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Subscribed Function is broken. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL