The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Working on new blank card effects... what would you like to see? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
I am working on a blank card project (anything using blank cards, blank double facers, blank decks, blank packet tricks, etc.) and was wondering if anyone had any fun ideas or plots using blank cards (more than just printing them.)

So far I have some ideas including: a dual reality piece, some fun effects involving the sharpie and blank cards, and a couple of printing type effects.

What else is there to do? Smile

Don't want methods, but rather plot ideas!
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
I am not sure how you could completely do this but I had an idea once to have the spectator sign a blank card and then you take the card and "slap" the signature on your arm and reveal that the card is blank and their signature is on your arm. You would have to already have the signature and make sure they sign the card in a way that matches the signature on your arm though.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2016, aevans-1500 wrote:
I am not sure how you could completely do this but I had an idea once to have the spectator sign a blank card and then you take the card and "slap" the signature on your arm and reveal that the card is blank and their signature is on your arm. You would have to already have the signature and make sure they sign the card in a way that matches the signature on your arm though.

But that gets my brain working! haha having a signature would be hard... but......... you could maybe take the card image itself off the card and imprint it onto your arm? that would be sick! Not hard at all to do either! just a card force. Maybe there are stamps out there that could replicate a card? Like stamp a 7 of spades in black ink and simply press it onto your arm before the trick starts?

Does this effect exist already?
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
I am not sure I thought of it one day when realized you can draw on an eraser with magic marker and stamp it on your skin, if someone already created an effect like this I had no idea, but yeah you could create a stamp and stamp it on your skin in someway and then show the card is blank after you force it and then maybe a top change. You could get maybe a red sharpie and also have the card vanish from the deck after because if this is done close up there might be one of those people who want to look through the deck.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Great ideas so far! keep em coming y'all!
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
Say that cards aren't completely water proof and have a person pick a card then dip their card in the water and the pips and markings on the front of the card bleed away in the water to then reveal the card is now blank and then you pull each pip out of the water.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Are there any good published methods for having a signed card change with the signature still intact? (aside from piffs method which requires the border signed.)
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
Jumping Gemini with 2 spectator selections and 2 blank cards.
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Don't even know what I mean by this...but what if you called a blank deck a "Training Deck"? Love the phrase...where does that take us? Simple idea would be the spectator play the part of the Magi and is given the training Deck. After seeing all the cards are blank.... you walk them through doing a "pick a card trick" do a pick with you as the spectator...At some point you reveal, "I picked the 6 of spades" and they look through the deck and the 6 is now the only printed card, "Hey, you are pretty good for a beginner..." Or...

Then, what if the entire deck turns printed in their hands?

Or...
Ryguytheguy
View Profile
New user
California
22 Posts

Profile of Ryguytheguy
With a blank deck you could have someone pick a card and then put it back in the middle and have it jump to the top. Of course it won't look any different because the cards are all blank, but you might get a laugh or two. After this, you can do it again if it went over well, and as they start to think you're just being silly you ask them what their card was. You then do some sort of color change or invisible deck kind of thing to show them that it was their card all along. Something like Blake Vogt's invisible card comes to mind when I think about this.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2016, Ryguytheguy wrote:
With a blank deck you could have someone pick a card and then put it back in the middle and have it jump to the top. Of course it won't look any different because the cards are all blank, but you might get a laugh or two. After this, you can do it again if it went over well, and as they start to think you're just being silly you ask them what their card was. You then do some sort of color change or invisible deck kind of thing to show them that it was their card all along. Something like Blake Vogt's invisible card comes to mind when I think about this.

Great idea, this is the plot for my effect "Drawing a Blank" in my new book "The Imagine Nation Project." Prolly one of the strongest effects in there because it is really visual and the thought of card is printed!
sophiamartin
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sophiamartin
Maybe for a wedding/party you could use a blank deck for an acr, the spectators can draw their own card and write a message to the host(s. Then at the end you do an effect with the normal deck for the host then switch it with the signed blank deck.
Gaffus Maximus
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Gaffus Maximus
I recently put together a blank deck that allows me to perform a very clean ACAAN. While one person randomly chooses a number from 1 to 52, the remaining members of the audience create a playing card (value & suit). The deck of cards sits on the table face-down throughout this brief process. Once the card and number is named, I pick up the deck and openly (i.e. cleanly) count the cards from the top of the deck face down to the table until the number is reached. The card at the chosen number is turned over to reveal the freely named card that was created by the group. But as a kicker, the remaining cards are all turned face up to show that all the other cards are blank faced. This always gets a great reaction! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Working on new blank card effects... what would you like to see? (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL