The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » House cats are the most unreasonable creatures on the planet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
You can given them a little breakfast of their favorite food, or perhaps a light snack at bedtime, and you should expect them to be content.

Not on your life.

The following week, they're going to want to be fed all over again, as if you'd never fed them before.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Haven't you learned yet that your cats own you and you don't own them?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Hey, waitaminnit...

Our cats are very well-trained, hard-working, and loyal security animals. Here's proof. Their assignment was to guard a light blanket we put over the bed while the duvet was in the washer.

That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, George Ledo wrote:
Hey, waitaminnit...

Our cats are very well-trained, hard-working, and loyal security animals. Here's proof. Their assignment was to guard a light blanket we put over the bed while the duvet was in the washer.

Sorry, George, but I have to question their training.

If they're guarding the blanket, they each should be rolled on their respective other sides, so that their field of view is outward, not inward; they want to spot the incipient thieves or vandals before they reach the blanket, not after they've penetrated to the center.

Do they have any sort of continuing education requirement for this sort of duty?
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Hmmm...

I seem to remember they were trained to face in and look between the other two cats, to give any intruders a false sense of security, but I do see your point.

Would that be considered "circling the cats?"
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, George Ledo wrote:
Hmmm...

I seem to remember they were trained to face in and look between the other two cats, to give any intruders a false sense of security, but I do see your point.

Would that be considered "circling the cats?"

Good point, George.

I hadn't considered the lull-them-into-a-false-sense-of-security motif.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » House cats are the most unreasonable creatures on the planet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL