The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Goshman False Transfer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Hello,

I'm looking for details about a false transfer where you seemingly toss the coin into the other hand. I believe this is an Al Goshman move?

I'd quite like to work on it, but the problem is, I can't remember where I read it.
I think its in a Goshman book (Magic By Gosh), but I don't own it. Can anyone suggest where else it is taught (book of video)? I know I've seen it somewhere before.

Thanks!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
The Schneider Basic Vanish can use a toss or drop with a lot of material available to support this approach.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Did I get my Al's mixed up again?
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
It looks like I'm talking about the Al Goshman "Toss Vanish" - anyone have any idea where I can find this explained?

Funsway - Do you have any references I can look up the Schneider Basic Vanish? You said there's lots of material available?

Cheers!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
It's also on Goshman's video. I know Ray Mertz use to use it a lot in his work.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2016, sjrw wrote:
It looks like I'm talking about the Al Goshman "Toss Vanish" - anyone have any idea where I can find this explained?

Funsway - Do you have any references I can look up the Schneider Basic Vanish? You said there's lots of material available?

Cheers!

It is in many of published books, but he has put out some eBook/articles offered for free over the years.
Especially focus on the "Intention of Reality" vs "Intention of Magic," and training of the receiving hand.

These also apply to the Goshman Toss and many other sleights which is why I brought it up.

Best to write and ask him. He is on the Café', but often silent.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
Goshman goes into great detail on this sleight on his video in his salt shaker routine.
His routine relies on it quite heavily so he spends a bit of time on it.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
The DVD that I believe William is referring to is "The Life and Times of Albert Goshman by Magic by Gosh - DVD". It is about $15 or $20.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Goshman False Transfer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL