The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Does anyone use Visible Sawing by MAK? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
I had one and used it for about a year , sold it a few months ago ! A good piece and pretty portable ** 1/2 stars out of 5
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
I have it and have been working it consistently over the last couple of years.It has served me very well.I recently bought a head chopper which I am using now instead of the visible sawing.I will however use the sawing from time to time.
With the sawing you can hype it up{cutting the lady in half},you use a volunteer from the audience and you use a menacing electric saw.It is a lot of fun and a great photo shot and keep sake.This goes for the chopper as well People will later refer to the time when you cut the CEO etc in half.Once agin this comes down to the build up and the presentation.

Chappelly
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2008-12-23 02:00, Brian Lehr wrote:
I had a table made for me that houses the whole unit. Works great for school shows where I saw the principal in half! Smile

But ... I'm not quite happy with the routine yet. Anyone have any comedy bits they would like to share. I once read about someone who manufactured huge bandaids, and would give one to the person sawn asunder, so they didn't fall apart. I've been unable to locate them online.

Brian

Brian, glad you're using the saw, but I hate to hear you are not happy with your routine.

I was planning on using Visible Sawing in a haunted house, but I stopped running it (The haunted house, not the saw!) Smile not long after I bought it. (The saw, not the haunted house!) Smile I was going to use Visible Sawing in my shows, and even started writing a routine, but I tested it on a kid and it really scared them....badly! Since I do mostly kids shows, I decided not to use it. I ended up selling it to Brian. (The saw, not the haunted house!) Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
I agree with most of these comments. Very loud = scared kids and nervous adults so it's tough to get a volunteer. However, just pick a person before they know what they are getting into. Smile Have them lie down and then use your 5 assistants to tie the spectator down before they know what's happening. Then you can take your time sawing them up. They will yell and scream and it's not an act. ...works much better than a bad-acting assistant! Smile

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
It'a a good start to get into an illusion type piece to see if this is something that works with your show/character.
fergie33
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of fergie33
Where can I see a demo of this?
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I had one but relaced it.I have the same effect from MAK but thru the neck.Has its own uprights like a chopper. IMHO it is much better.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
I have this briefcase version and will list in "for sale" shortly for $400 including shipping but not including the saw which can be bought at a pawn shop so you can choose your weapon of battery powered or electric.
I'll drop the price preiodically if need be.
taoist
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2011-01-07 11:28, taoist wrote:
I have this briefcase version and will list in "for sale" shortly for $400 including shipping but not including the saw which can be bought at a pawn shop so you can choose your weapon of battery powered or electric.
I'll drop the price preiodically if need be.
taoist

Why so much? You can buy them new for around $250, and one just sold here on the Café for $125. And they all included the saw.

Just curious.

Brian
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
The saw is of course cheap.
The case which conveniently converts to a table is the reason for the higher price.
It allows for no concern as to the client providing a safe table or a table at all.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I had one of the early bow saw versions. Great for publicizing "Sawing a person in half." Sold it and got the Hughes HEAD ZOPPER, which I loved, but then sold when I started to do only shows with one briefcase of stuff.

For the sawing, Terry Seabrooke said, "You have a roll of wallpaper and you try to unroll it on the table, but it keeps rolling up. So you ask spectator to lay on it to hold it flat." You then saw them in half... they emerge Ok, BUT THE PAPER IS CUT IN TWO.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
My friend Ted Schwank has had that thing in his show for decades... Might be the same one, all these years! I'll bet he books more gigs than 99% of the people on here, and he goes out with a Mak Magic Visible Sawing, and works that thing like a violin!!! Inappropriate for a kid show... Maybe. Toyish for an adult show... Perhaps. Off the shelf... No doubt. Mainstay in his act... ABSOLUTELY!!!

Like the carnival bottles, if Al-Qaeda blew up his van, there would be disintegrated anvils, linking rings melted into clothes hangers, his doves roasted, his chop cups chopped... But, that Mak Magic Visible Sawing would remain there, still magic, still visible, still sawing!

I swear that on his grave, there will be an electrical cord running out of the ground, and every magician in Houston will know exactly what it will be attached to!!!

Jimmy Fingers
Brian Arkell
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Brian Arkell
Great Illusion for teenagers...or a comedy bit in any show!

Brian

Brian Arkell
Arkell Magic
http://www.arkellmagic.com
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I love mine, and I've been using it at least 2-3 years. As far as fooling anyone, I must say, it fools enough people that you might have a problem getting a volunteer. I actually cut a piece of styrofoam before my presentation. Lucky for me I have my 10 year old Grand-daughter assistant who will get cut in half if no one else volunteers.
Mine came with felt that goes around the base that you put over the persons body. I even added more. I recommend one to do that especially for people that are skinny.
I would also recommend that you do not do this for young children. It works great for 10 year old boys and above.
I act like I've never done it before and I have my own instructions that I read before my performance. It says that it will work 90% of the time. Gee, that means that I can do this and it will work 9 times out of 10. Hey, since this is the first time it should be OK.
zucchini
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of zucchini
I'm an amateur's amateur magician and received a Mak Visible Sawing saw and "bridge" from the family of a magician friend who passed away. I did not receive the blades. How do the blades work with the Black & Decker saw and where can I get replacement blades?
RSteele
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of RSteele
Classic cool piece of magic/illusion
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
294 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 22:52, zucchini wrote:
I'm an amateur's amateur magician and received a Mak Visible Sawing saw and "bridge" from the family of a magician friend who passed away. I did not receive the blades. How do the blades work with the Black & Decker saw and where can I get replacement blades?

I don't think I've ever seen replacement blades offered... Your best bet would be to probably buy the prop from a dealer so you can see how everything works, live and in person, and then, if you need backups, take the stuff to a metal-working shop and have them duplicate it. That's what I did, because I was paranoid about the stuff getting bent accidentally.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi all.

Do the blades actually move when the jigsaw is powered on in this illusion?

Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Does anyone use Visible Sawing by MAK? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL