The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » #279 Thumbtipedia - Finger Flasher -Transformation Silk - Burn Notice - Topit 180 (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Wizard Product Review # 279 October 19, 2016

Thumbtipedia, Finger Flasher, Topit 180, Transformation Silk, Burn Notice.

On this week's Wizard Product Review with David Penn & Sean Heydon take a look at:

Thumbtipedia by Vernet, get this here: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/thumbtipedia-by-vernet/

Finger Flasher by Jeremy Bracco, get this here: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/search.php......&Search=

Topit 180 by David Penn

Transformation Silk by Dominic Duvivier, get this here: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/transforma......uvivier/

Burn Notice by Takel, get this here: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/burn-notice-by-takel/
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thanks Bill.

I liked this show. I enjoyed its seemingly honest and gritty approach. I hope this is a new direction where "hot" props (i.e. Burn Notice...no pun intended...really), are being examined in a more objective light. I would imagine that WMS does enough business that they can afford to expose a poorly realized release and not hurt their business. The credibility that they gain probably offsets the loss of sales...and most likely benefits them in the long run with increased customer trust and loyalty.

I'm guessing this was the logic of the review show from the beginning. But it seemed to get off track for quite awhile. Now...I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
Does anyone have Topit180? I'm concerned that the design might prevent you from "pitching" your object into the topit. I'm referring to the technique Michael Ammar uses. It seems that David is kind of placing the object in the topit. Any comments?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2016, Bill wrote:
Does anyone have Topit180? I'm concerned that the design might prevent you from "pitching" your object into the topit. I'm referring to the technique Michael Ammar uses. It seems that David is kind of placing the object in the topit. Any comments?

Go to this review topic, read the posts and watch the promo video. Yes, it uses the standard technique for Topit.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Finger Flasher is my pick of the lot. I have had metal on from Ken Brooke years ago, and the hook would catch when released. I like the look of this design, I have no problem with attaching stronger elastic and a new safety pin, and a second with a miniature split ring at for the elastic to run through to position it at the proper place for grabbing.

Thumbtipedia by Vernet might be worth a look, as David Penn said their interesting things he did not know about. I was surprised they said the silk production was an 18" silk, how did they do that, did they use the Invisible TT. It seems this is also as promotional video, for the other TT products, as from the ad it only comes with one regular TT.

Penguin is selling it for $25, if it came with all the TT on the DVD, I think it may be worth the price or even a little more. But, if you have to stop and order other TT devices, it does not seem right.

I have been trying to find out what the Invisible TT is for years, and at least now know it is a pull device.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have finger flasher. Personally, I don't see any problem with the elastic. It is the same black elastic that I have used in the past. The thing that I found odd was that it came with NO instruction of any kind. I would think it would have some instruction for how to use it safely and perhaps some handling tips or routine ideas.

If you have any suggestions for sources of information for finger flashers, that would be great.

Thanks,

KJ
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I was also surprised to find no instruction with the finger flasher - especially when the add copy says that the instructions are only available in french. Having never used a finger flasher before... I really do not know what to do with this
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You just stick some flash cotton in it, and strike the wheel. Then release it. The placement of the elastic cord is up to you. Sleeve at the armpit, if you have a jacket that is not to tight around your arms. Otherwise around the waist to the opposite side of the pant. Or you can attach to the back of your shirt or jacket between the shoulder blades, and let it go under the coat. The feature this one has makes it easier to obtain.

Using double safety pins is a good idea for some hookups. Attach the end farthest away, and the other closer to make it easier to obtain. Elastic running through the loop of the safety pin. Above a pocket is a good idea, as when you go to remove something from your pocket, you can also easily obtain the gimmick.

You have to find a placement that works best for you and your style, and the trick you are using it with.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I had Murphys email me the link to the French instructions (turns out they were on vimeo the entire time) if anyone wants the link you can PM me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » #279 Thumbtipedia - Finger Flasher -Transformation Silk - Burn Notice - Topit 180 (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL