The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » So why don't you get reel magic?. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Perhaps you could have a column on "developing a character". When I see old footage of many magicians, it is clear they didn't start out with the character they grew into. Perhaps the column could be incorporated into what Wayne Kawamoto does. He is such a tremendous "host" in talking to other performers. I would love to see old footage compared to new footage and have the magician talk about what they did to get from A to B. Maybe the segment could be called "From there to here"

KJ
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Nice
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, 1KJ wrote:
Perhaps you could have a column on "developing a character". When I see old footage of many magicians, it is clear they didn't start out with the character they grew into. Perhaps the column could be incorporated into what Wayne Kawamoto does. He is such a tremendous "host" in talking to other performers. I would love to see old footage compared to new footage and have the magician talk about what they did to get from A to B. Maybe the segment could be called "From there to here"

KJ

I have thought how to create a character or enhance your own personality would be a great column. Pop Haydn would be great for this!

Koz I have been involved in magic for over 45 years and probably gotten more from this magazine than any I've subscribed to... even if the choice of effects haven't always necessarily applied to me. I've even worked on a few things outside my comfort zone and discovered some new interests.

The theory, showmanship, interviews, history, etc. apply to all branches of this art and some of the interviews have lead to me purchasing items from you and other dealers.

Love all that you have done and eagerly look forward to each issue!

Gary
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks brother Smile
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Awesome magazine and Kozmo is a fantastic lecturer. Thanks for the work you do with Reel Magic ( I'll be a member as long as you put it out! ) and thanks very much for the Lecture you did in Tucson
the other nite, everyone had a blast. Always enjoy seeing and visiting with you, take care.

Norm M
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Hey Everyone.
Issue 47 is now available ON Demand! Steve Spill takes us on a tour of Magicopolis and also teaches the best top change I have ever seen.

Rubberband Blackbelt Joe Rindfleisch contributed 2 killer Rubberband pieces and Christian Painter returns with Mindtripping. It's another GREAT issue.

One thing you will find missing is the David Regal Column. We're working on it and will be on line soon.

Now if you're not a Reel Magic Subscriber go to the link below and hit SUBSCRIBE.

www.reelmagicmagazine.com
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I was so happy when I saw Mindtripping back. Great issue as always, Kosmo. Thanks.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Koz,
I DO enjoy 'the Reel'.
A great mix,..
full of surprise.
,and 'expertise'.
,...Kainoa is a killer(!).

One thought,
you might want to sit down with Dick Oslund.
He is probably the last living guy,
who shared a 'trick',
in "Bobo's Modern Coin Magic".
It might be cool,
someone reading the effect,
and having Dick perform it 'live'(!).

,....he'd probably 'worth' ten minutes of stories, as well! 🙂

Anyways,
I enjoy it.
Gallagher
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Might be interesting... we are working on a thing about bobo...so it might fit in:)
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have watched Curtis Kam ring on stick 10 times. OMG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » So why don't you get reel magic?. (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL