The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » The Mouse in Spain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
The Mouse in Spain

Just returned from a Christmas Fair where I sold mice and squirmles.  This was my first time pitching since "retiring" here just over a year ago.
   I had prepared by finding a good size mouse at a low cost (79c each) then finding a good way to fix it to the t****d.  I had obtained a supply of the "Wonder Mouse" but found them to be too small.  The larger mouse is much better for me.

I rehearsed with the mouse to discover the best moves.  I used the Spanish version of Sharpie markers to make JoeJoe's Super Spinners.  By having the mouse at one end, and the marker at the other end of the line, I was able to dem the mouse (with the marker clipped in my pants pocket) and change to a spooky marker bit by secretly wedging the mouse into a slot in the back of the plastic storage crate I used for a working base (with a board on the top). The routine I used was pretty much "Marmaduke the Wonder Mouse" by Mark Lewis....I call the mouse "Pablo".

It was a wonderful but tiring afternoon.  I have another venue next Friday, nearer to home.

Now what? Ah yes, I remember.....

Smile
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hey Riley, way to go! I like the name Pablo for the mice... I was out this weekend pitching at a Christmas street fair as well.. it was in a small town in Hutto Texas... but didn't pitch mice or worms, it was mainly cards... The weather was nice and cool but not to cold down here... good to hear about pitchmen in Spain! Let us know how your next venue goes? My events are over for this year... I'm back to the fleamarkets for the next couple of months... Have a good one!
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hey Riley, one more thing... I took Don Drivers advice from one of his older posts on saying to the marks on how great they would make as Christmas stocking stuffers... That really worked great for me as I hardly blanked and had many multiple sales per pitch I believe do to adding just that! Give it a try...!
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
I have to add to the last post that it was both Don Driver and Seth Brilliant that advised on pointing out that the magic tricks make great stocking stuffers.... Gotta give credit where credit is due! Don also mentioned to have a couple of stockings with slum showing out of them.... still haven't tried that, but will.... Have a good one!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Two young girls and their mother were watching my worm pitch, but the mother would not buy. There were around ten tables in a centre area, and people were eating and drinking...I could see the two youngsters with the family group, including grandparents (I guessed).
   After a while the girls returned (without their mother) and watched the mouse this time.  I asked "Are you buying today, ladies?". They shook their heads.  I said to them in a loud stage whisper "I always used to ask my Grandpa!". The girls looked at each other, grinned and scurried away.
The rest of the tip (maybe ten people) hung around to see the inevitable, and sure enough the girls arrived after a few minutes with Grandpa with the Euros, lol.  He bought the girls a worm and a mouse each....that's what Grandpas are for, right?  The tip were amused by all this, of course, and a few more mice and worms were bought as the people were all in a good humour.  Thanks girls (and Grandpa!)
   Thanks Frosty for your comments and tips...greatly appreciated...and thanks Don Driver...I got your Svengali Pitch DVD and even though I haven't pitched any decks (yet) the info and advice is wonderful.
   Can't wait for Friday..... 

Smile

Riley

I'll try and post a photo of the mouse I'm using.
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hey Riley, nice story.... thanks for sharing...

Here's a link to the most recent video of the king of the mouse pitch...
https://youtu.be/G1LbDadowO0

And here's a link to Marmaduke the wonder mouse...
https://youtu.be/KvU71dSPfwY

Have a good one!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » The Mouse in Spain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL