The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy (118 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
One Inch Man
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of One Inch Man
My condolences, David. His impact on mentalism being as big as it is means his loss will be deeply felt by a great many. As such, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that the loss will be a felt a great deal more profoundly by those closest to him.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
I'll miss him. When he came to Baltimore to lecture, I picked him up at the airport and got lost getting us back to Denny's shop, but Bob just turned it into a fun road trip and made me feel at ease. We sang 60's folk songs and told stories that had nothing to do with mentalism or magic, and had a grand old time. As a mentalist, he leaves a great legacy of work. As a person, he was a down-to-Earth, kind-hearted, humble man. Goodbye, Bob...
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I enjoyed a few conversations with Bob, though it wasn't often enough. This is sad news. I hoped he would last way past the six month limit the doctor gave.
We chatted for an hour several weeks ago, which was my privilege (Bob was a great conversationalist). We didn't need to talk mentalism. One of the last things he said before we hung up was, "My life was a gift. It's all a gift." That's something that I won't forget.

Today is heartbreaking, but today is a gift. Bob Cassidy was loved - I hope he never doubted that.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
139 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
Thanks for posting that David. It must have been hard to write but I have always wondered what it would be like to meet Bob and it's amazing to get an insight like that.

Thoughts to those on these boards who knew him well.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

https://www.chrisreadsminds.co.uk
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
I think what humbled me the most about Bob was that there was no big-name ego with him. To have a legend occasionally agreeing with me (A relative nobody) and then expanding on what I had started was certainly something that money can't buy, and yet, he gave it freely.

A man who was so down to earth that it was just like chatting to a friend. No falseness, no ego, and someone who treated people lesser than himself with respect. (I can even hear him right now correcting me over that last Oxford Comma. lol)

What a class act!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
What sad news. I just checked to see how Bob was doing and discovered he passed away. While I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally or even seeing him perform in person, over the years, I've studied just about every word the man ever said, and so will miss him.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy (118 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL