The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Which "Rocky the Raccoon"? There is now Rocky, Robbie, and Reality? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I don't think they do make them like they used to. People claim to have used the same one for years whereas in the last decade most of mine wear out within 6 months.

Also something else to consider is a new Rocky will take a while to break in. They never feel right for a few weeks after you get them.

G
coma185
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of coma185
Wow, I bought my Rocky by magic master last summer and I guess I'm luck because I haven't had any problems with shedding or it falling apart (keeping my fingers crossed) I would hope that one was a bad one and not that the quality has drastically gone down!
otherjohn
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of otherjohn
Yeah, it a magic masters (Looking at it right now.).

I am hoping it was just a bad one.

I didn't want to say I got it from Frank because it's not his fault this thing was like this. It's a manufacture problem. Franks been cool with it all and I could have happened with any retailer.
John
vincentmagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of vincentmagic
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 19:01, wdwfan71 wrote:
Hi John

I believe this is the original "Rocky"

http://www.magicmasters.com/store/produc......stseller

as for... "what is the difference between "Reality" and "Robbie"? If "Reality" is really the most realistic, then why not just sell it as "Robbie"?

Magic Masters used to make a great Rocky Raccoon. The one in the picture is the old one they used to sell. Now the quality has gone way down. The fur is not good, the tail looks flat and gone on one side with the atitching showing and the fur looks terrible. DO NOT BUY MAGIC MASTERS ROCKY. I just bought one and was shocked at the cheap workmanship. My old one that they used to make is way better. They do not make them like they used too. It's a shame. Buyers Beware!!!

Marketing I suppose.

I would stick with the original Rocky from Magic Masters
Magical Storyteller
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Magical Storyteller
I used to be a magic dealer and sold a lot of "Rocky's". Both the Magic Masters and Magic Makers.
To my great disappointment, the Magic Masters who made the original (as far as I know) changed the way they made them a few years ago. I still have an old one and I treasure it. The new ones begin bending about the waist area. I hated it. They used to bend at the neck. They changed the tail where it is not as real and flexible and yes, they shed. As to Magic Makers version, the spring is much more flexible and similar to the movement of my old Magic Masters. It did seem to make a slight sound when flexed like the spring was covered with something. I think they may have later solved that problem. The reality Robbie had a very cute face and much more detailed than the original. Their Fox is gorgeous and manipulates like their Robbie. I really hated to see Magic Masters change their original Rocky, it WAS the best. Alas, no more. They also changed the look and feel of their Judy mouse. I sold hundreds of them but the quality really fell. This may add more confusion to you and I apologize if it does. The bottom line is, I would go with the reality Robbie from Magic Makers.
vincentmagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of vincentmagic
DO NOT BUY MAGIC MASTERS ROCKY. It used to be the best but now they changed it and it is terrible. The tail is half gone and flat on one side and the fur is bad a sheds and the face looks crooked. Buyers beware!!!!!!
themagicguy
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
281 Posts

Profile of themagicguy
Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I have been through 7 Rocky the Racoons in the last 4 years. The magic Masters are way better than magic makers. The Robbie I got was broken (Skin pierced) in around 1 hour, they are horrible! The person mentioning you can see the stitching in the tail, all you needed to do was brush the tail and use it for a few hours and the tail would become full and the stitching will no longer show. I do agree with the springs though some bend from the neck and some closer to the waist, also the racoons are all different sizes. But all you need to do is practice on the new Raccoon for a few days and you will get use to the new spring configuration.

I personally love how they are all unique, its like each one has a new personality.
Granger
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Granger
I wanted Rocky, but accidentally bought Roxie, which is grey in color. I do not like the feel as well as the appearance. Not natural indeed.
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
To my knowledge, Magic Masters is no more. I bought the last of the stock from Murphy's and can attest to the very poor quality of later spring animals...

ajp
themagicguy
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
281 Posts

Profile of themagicguy
So I am guessing the only place you can buy Rocky now is through magic makers? Are the quality of these any good? I purchased one a few years ago and as I said in an earlier post it only lasted an hour, I am hoping it was just a faulty one.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Someone pointed me to Abbotts Magic and I just placed my orders for two of em
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Hey, Otherjohn, any update on your rocky.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Bump
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I have one Raccoon; I purchased it on the Café awhile back and the seller advertised it as the older style and it gives me no problems at all
Kevini
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Kevini
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2010, B Hackler wrote:
There has been a lot of different threads on rocky. Do a search for rocky thru the Café.

Why the runaround, Hackler? Let's just answer his question--If you have a legitimate answer.
Magnus Magic
Great Magic Makes Great Memories
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
I bought mine in 1999. Still using it, even though my cats tore off half the tail.
Works very well, and has never shed. I don't remember where I bought it.

One gripe though, the eyes are NOT like a raccoon's eyes. Why would you make a "raccoon" but leave out the dark raccoon mask?

I remember a performer when I was in elementary school, I was about 6 years old. He used a skunk, which looked amazing.
His name was Tony Borders.
Not sure where he got the skunk. It looked like a real skunk.
Forgetting the raccoon "sunglasses" when making a stuffed raccoon puppet is tantamount to selling an all-black skunk with no white stripe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Which "Rocky the Raccoon"? There is now Rocky, Robbie, and Reality? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL