The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Evan EraTV is destroying magic... (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Here's my two cents for what it's worth..

Many Magi's are so worried about exposure on YouTube but the reality is that laypeople are not even watching those videos... only those who are already interested in magic are! That's why they are searching and spending the time to watch...! You must search through all the junk there to find a secret...!

Not only that but times are a changing...!

Back then you'd go to a library or magic shop for secrets but now the new way is through the internet..
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Cheers for the input Frosty Smile

What makes you so sure that laypeople are not watching magic exposure videos?
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Just to note, I think some posts in this thread have been deleted which might give people a false impression of the actual conversations that occurred here. Just a heads up to anyone reading this thread through.
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hello TerribleWizard! Greetings to you too brother....!

My post wasn't aimed at you or anyone here, just my point of view!

I think both you and DannyDoyle are both right, just seeing through different views...

I too believe magic depends on secrets..

Without secrets magic wouldn't exist..

But..

The reason I say only those already interested in magic are watching those videos is because of what I have experienced...

I pitch magic tricks at fairs and festivals to straight out lay people all day and night and sold Svengali decks to the many thousands...

And can comfortably say that yes, they want to know the secret, but here's the but... they don't want it bad enough and won't do the leg work to find it.. only those that have the interest in magic...

Even the majority that purchase my slum tricks buy only because of curiosity and impulse and never learn how to really use the trick deck even after I give'em a link on YouTube to explain the works of it...

Lay people would rather watch their favorite funny videos or or... and not how to Magic videos..

I have tested this already...

Here's a simple test anyone can do.. just go out to the street were there is plenty of folks and ask if they have heard of EvanEra, I'd be surprised if you find 1 in a thousand... just don't ask your magic friends as we are all searching magic on YouTube...

Just my thoughts...!

Best to you all!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If it was one in a million I would be shocked.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Cheers Frosty Smile

Well, I've actually done something similar to as you suggested. I put together a survey (see the link in my sig line), and took it round a few hundred people. I asked colleagues, friends, neighbours, and even a couple hundred strangers in the street. I'm afraid that the results might surprise you (they surprised me).

Unfortunately I recieved some criticism on this board for trying to do this type of survey, so I haven't pursued it to get even larger numbers, but I'm considering resurrecting it if others are interested in the results. Have a look at the thread linked in my sig and post on the relevent thread if you're interested Smile
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Cool! I'll check it out once I get back as I'm out on the road for now..

Sounds interesting..!

Cheers!
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Took me while just to read this thread up to here... and must of skipped a few posts or just glimpsed at them... Lol!
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

No worries - things move quick here, but there's no pressure, lol Smile. Whenever you get chance take a look, and try the survey out with friends and strangers - it might well be that there's serious contextual differences between U.K./US etc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Evan EraTV is destroying magic... (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL