The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Unfolded Bill Switch Parlor Situation (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
I always just pocket it as a joke, or switch it when searching for a marker Smile
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Saw someone years ago do a switch in a standup situation that was interesting.

He had a small rod, maybe 7 inches long, with an alligator clip on the end. He borrowed the bill and clipped onto the alligator clip and went back on stage holding up the rod with bill on the clip...ostensibly to keep the bill in view as a mater of fairness. What actually happened is at one point in heading back to the stage he simply reversed the rod an brought into view a dupe bill in another clip attached to the other end of the rod....and hide the spectator's bill in his hand to be removed later.
~Cicero
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of ~Cicero
There are a million switches. Elliott Bresler explains at least a million or more in his outstanding "Switchcraft", specifically for a bill, there is some excellent information that builds on Jay Sankey's "Paperclipped" with some added thoughts by Christopher Taylor.

If you want to use a device, I have had good luck with Wayne Rogers "Automatic 2-way Prediction Envelope" (I have modified the envelope a bit so it can be prepared years in advance if you want and is a bit quicker with less "mess").

There is a new product by Kelvin Chow called "Quiver" that is always ready to go and very deceptive.

The nice thing about these two devices is that the spectator removes "their" bill which I feel greatly enhances the illusion - they will swear you never touched it - because you didn't!
Brian
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
There is really some good advice here.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Well dude, what exactly is your handling then? I just asking because you've been given several options and have managed to find a problem with all of them. So please spell out exactly what effect it is you are doing? how you are getting into the effect? Explain exactly what your preferred ultimate bill switch move/handling should have/look like/not look like/etc. What are our bill parameters? What are the move parameters?

Quote:
On Jan 20, 2017, milesart wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Milesart, I gave you the best on available. If you are not a Genii subscriber then become one and get the information I provided.

Bill, I became one and checked it out, this Switch did not work for my handling.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Unfolded Bill Switch Parlor Situation (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL