The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Printed white rose on red silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
After a long search I have been unable to find the following and hopefully someone, somewhere, will be able to help me out Smile

You can buy a printed card image on a silk, a dove on a silk, along with other items, Happy Birthday etc. etc. etc.

What I am after is a red 18 inch silk with a picture of a single white rose ( with stem ) on it.

Can anyone help ? The silk I would prefer to be red if possible but the rose must be white.

Thank You.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Two "do-it-yourself" solutions:

Solution #1: Print the complete image (white rose on red background) on printable silk using your computer printer : https://www.dharmatrading.com/transfers/......ers.html

Solution #2: Print an image of a white rose with a red outline background on "Iron On" heat transfer paper and then iron the image onto a red silk handkerchief: https://www.dharmatrading.com/transfers/......ers.html

If you need an image to print, you'll find many available like this: http://www.freepngimg.com/download/white......ture.png
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would have to hand paint it I did it for you. You should send me a design that you would like and I can see if it is feasible. Look at my website for the email.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
fsharp
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of fsharp
Just came across this post and I would like to have a word printed on a very thin silk that I will vanish in a jumbo TT. It is for trade show magic.
Anyone knows if it is possible to use the very thin silks we use for magic and do this?
Would it be possible to do embroidery on this type of silk? They are so think and fragile.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Embrodiery will not work. Too thick. You might try some fabric paint. I would offer to make it for you but on thin silk it is going to wear pretty fast. I can look at it if you like but I just want to forewarn you that it will wear out quickly.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, fsharp wrote:
Just came across this post and I would like to have a word printed on a very thin silk that I will vanish in a jumbo TT. It is for trade show magic.
Anyone knows if it is possible to use the very thin silks we use for magic and do this?
Would it be possible to do embroidery on this type of silk? They are so think and fragile.

The other solution is to take a small silk (9" or 12" square) and stretch it in an embroidery hoop. Then with the silk pulled taut, carefully write the word onto the silk using a sharpie marker. Then use that silk for the routine with the TT. Small silks are so inexpensive that you could probably prepare several, and have some as back ups.

This idea has been around for a while, but you might not have heard of it before.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Printed white rose on red silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL