The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dye Tube for the street (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
This thread was resurrected so the small point I'm making responds to a two year old post, but when you are using a TT, you can increase the visibility/size of the silks by using diamond cut silks. Larger apparent size from less bulk. That, of course, assumes you don't need to display the silks like Pop does.
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
After some trial and error, I do not recommend a dye tube on the street. I gave it a go with a palmo and the wind it brutal blowing that silk around. While it can be done, it's no where near as good as it is inside.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, cbguy wrote:
After some trial and error, I do not recommend a dye tube on the street. I gave it a go with a palmo and the wind it brutal blowing that silk around. While it can be done, it's no where near as good as it is inside.

What size silks were you using outdoors? Getting ready to learn Billy McCombs Half Dyed Silk and had considered using it on the street.

Gary
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Just to give a different perspective....I have used the dye tube on the street many many times...and if it is not windy, it is GREAT. Packs small, plays big and vertical. Great for a crowd gather, beginning.

18" silks work with the standard Palmo which I use.

Agree with cbguy if there is wind, it is brutal.

And Chatterbox....I hope to see a post soon with your experience trying street magic. Less chatter...more action Smile
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
18 inch silks and a rice palmo. What Zauberman said is perfect, I can't add anything to that.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2017, Zauberman wrote:

And Chatterbox....I hope to see a post soon with your experience trying street magic. Less chatter...more action Smile

Definitely Zauberman! Did what I believe will be my street act at a festival a couple weeks back for 4 hours... if I can get the photos small enough to post, I'll begin my series of posts... Smile

Gary
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2017, Chatterbox41 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, cbguy wrote:

What size silks were you using outdoors? Getting ready to learn Billy McCombs Half Dyed Silk and had considered using it on the street.

Gary

I've been doing the color changing silk since 1947. On a few occasions, I've used it when working "al fresco", but, it was a day with only a light breeze! Wind can make it a bit difficult.

Consider using the "Elusive" silk vanish. It's much easier.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
I thought of a way to make the dye tube work on the street doing the half dyed silk, without the wind being an issue.

If I have time to play with it, I will give it a go over the next few weeks and report back if it was successful, doing it the way I have in mind.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Having known Billy McComb, fairly well, although I don't do his "half dyed", I shall look forward to your thoughts!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2015, Yellowcustard wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2015, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
I use the patrick page routine with a palmo gimmick and 18" silks.

I do the same and have done for a while. A great edge builder.

I hope this doesn’t come off as rude but;

If you’re going to recommend a routine, wouldn’t it be nice to say where the routine can be found?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2015, migwar wrote:
Just checked and the routine mentioned is in Page by Page

Thank you.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I had a nice hand dye tube made of metal with a cloth tape inside. One day, the tape just split! I did without for a long time and then, with a small windfall, I bought some stuff including a “Verne’s” tube that I’d seen on Tannen’s website. When it came in, I was VERY disappointed! A tiny, plastic thing, a little larger than my thumb! I actually wrote them over this and one of the kid’s tricks I bought. They said; “Yeah, it’s ment for smaller silks. Nothing over 14”.” Lovely. Nowhere in the ad does it suggest what size silk is to be used or what the dimensions of the tube are. If I’d been in the store, I’d have never bought it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dye Tube for the street (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL