The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Has anyone been in contact with George Richbark? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
I sent him one of his Coin Caskets for repair and prepaid for the service... 15 months ago, I am still trying to get it back.

I know he had some health issues back in May-June 2015. Back in July 2015, he contacted me with apologies stating that he was going to ship me the repaired unit back in a week... that never happened and that was his last response to my monthly attempt to contact him.

I certainly hope he is doing well, but at this point I believe the opposite.

If someone has more information it would be appreciated.

Best,

Augusto
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I sent 2 decks of his rising cards back in for repair (along with $20), and got the same call you did..."been in bad health, what's your address, I'll get these right out"....blah, blah. No sign of them. He did seem to have time to contact me when I expressed interest in one of his head choppers. He wanted 1/2 the cost as down payment. I can imagine being out $400 for that.

Steve
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2016, Stevethomas wrote:
I sent 2 decks of his rising cards back in for repair (along with $20), and got the same call you did..."been in bad health, what's your address, I'll get these right out"....blah, blah. No sign of them. He did seem to have time to contact me when I expressed interest in one of his head choppers. He wanted 1/2 the cost as down payment. I can imagine being out $400 for that.

Steve

Same here.
I sent my Millenium prediction chest for repair and paid the fix in advance with PayPal.
Never sent it back to me.

I expressed interest in new purchases and he had time to answer.
Otherwise he doesn't respond when I ask for what is mine.
That's a shame.
Step into the unknown
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Is this the same guy or his father? He was 94.

George was born on June 17, 1912 and passed away on Friday, May 6, 2016. George was a resident of Macomb, Illinois at the time of his passing. George graduated from Villa Grove High School. He joined the United States Marine Corps Jan. 1 1942. He was married to Rita. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 AM Wednesday May 11 2016 at St. Paulâs Church. Monsignor Richard Pricco will officiate. Burial will be in St. Paulâs Cemetery with Military rites. Visitation will be Tuesday May 10 at St. Paulâs Church from 5-7 PM followed by the Vigil service at 7 PM. George would be pleased to have you stay for the Vigil Service. Memorial Contributions may be made to St. Paulâs Church Building Fund.
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
That was his father's obituary
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Yeah, I kinda thought it might be. Magic seems to attract an older demographic, but 94 is a little unlikely. Actually, I guess it attracts young people who GET old. Not too many of us "give up" magic as we do with booze and smoke. That's why you see us old guys at the club meetings, still doing the Vanishing Hanky with our filthy 70 year old TT.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Has anyone been in contact with George Richbark? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL