The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Any updates or news on Genii putting out the Magic issues? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I remember talk late last year (as I subscribed) that Genii was acquiring the digital rights to Magic Magazine and we, as digital subscribers to Genii would be getting access to all of the past issues of Magic too. I thought I remembered hearing that it would happen late spring, possibly summer. Did I hear or understand this wrong? or is there any info as to what is holding it up? I am not complaining. I am very happy with my Genii Subscription as it is but I am curious. Thanks.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
No.

Yes.

Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Richard Kaufman wrote:
It was supposed to be done by now. Not sure what the delay is: the company we use for all of this has to add all the pages to a new area on our digital site. Hope it's soon! All 301 issues of MAGIC will be available FREE of charge for subscribers to Genii in our digital archive within the next month or two.

Some Magic Magazine issues are already available in the app. They have been available since early August 2017.

Quote:
On August 9th, 2017, Randy DiMarco wrote

I noticed last night that at least some of the Magic Magazine issues are now showing up in the IPad app. Don't see them on the web page yet.

Quote:
On August 9th, 2017, Richard Kaufman wrote

For some reason the company doing this for us is having problems getting MAGIC to show up.
Yes, some are in the app, but I did not want to make the official announcement until all 25 years are up.

You're welcome.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I have no idea why the entire file of MAGIC is not online yet. For some reason this is proving to be challenging to the company we use to do this.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I saw where some were saying the iPhone / iPad version had several and went to mine to check. They are definitely several on the I-versions. I was using a large galaxy tablet generally but now I am using my iPad mini to check a few of the Magic issues out. It looks like they will get there eventually. Thanks for the updates.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
None on PC or Android. sigh
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
They all show up on my Kindle.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

This has been incredibly frustrating for me. I cannot find out what the problem is! Argh!!!!
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
I personally prefer to view the magazine on my PC since I have a surface tablet
hope the issue can resolve soon Richard
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Strange thing,, even though my app was show as up to date, after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, magic issues now show. So if your still having issues I suggest trying that.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

But far from all issues of MAGIC are showing. I am trying very hard to get a concrete answer from the company I use as to why this is the case. Believe me, I am more frustrated than you!
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
I tried reinstalling the android app and to my surprise (some) Magic issues showed up.

Of the 301 issues somewhere only around 75-ish are visible/accessible. There doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to it, as the issues are scattered throughout the years. With one exception, all are older than January 2012.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I know, it's crazy, isn't it?
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
And now, the google play store pushed out an update to the genii app and that seems to be even more busted. Even the main Genii issues are affected and I often can't switch to an older issue or the current issue hangs up.

Tried clearing the data/cache/rebooting/uninstalling/re-installing/loaded on a separate android tablet, etc. and it's very frustrating. My tablet uses completely stock Android 6.0.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
It looks like some of them are there, but it's just the covers because when I click on them, there's what looks like a placeholder but no actual content on the page. As others have noted, there's no consistency and no logical rhyme or reason to what's there.

Can anyone verify that there's any content in any of the Magic back issues, or is it just the cover and a few pages only?
Lithingorf
View Profile
New user
Vilnius, Lithuania
56 Posts

Profile of Lithingorf
I have read some MAGIC issues on the webpage, so there is some content. However it loads the pages supper slow and webpage tends to crash, so I guess it is still in development and Richard does not announce it officially. The Genii app on Android works a little bit better and there is more issues (about 70 covers, but not all of them are working). However the scan (rendering?) quality is far worse than Genii issues (even the old ones).
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Yes, we are almost there!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Guessing everyone knows but what the hell, maybe there will be someone that doesn't. Issues of MAGIC are now available! These along with Genii should keep us busy at least until we resubscribe. Smile Thanks to Richard Kaufman and Stan Allen for making this possible!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Working from www.geniimagazine.com And having a current subscription to Genii Magazine...

How do you get to the Magic Magazine issues?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2018, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Working from www.geniimagazine.com And having a current subscription to Genii Magazine...

How do you get to the Magic Magazine issues?

Click the "sign in" button (upper right hand corner). Use your genii account, not your forums account (i.e. the account you used to subscribe/renew).

The "Issues" page will appear.

Click on any issue to load it.

Once the issue loads, click the "Issues" icon (found in the right hand navigation bar).

You should see a left hand column with two Options "Genii Magazine" and "Magic Magazine"

Click the "Magic Magazine" link and the issues should appear.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, Vlad_77 wrote:
Guessing everyone knows but what the hell, maybe there will be someone that doesn't. Issues of MAGIC are now available!

Does that include Issue 301? Or is that only available in the paper magazine format?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Any updates or news on Genii putting out the Magic issues? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL