The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » P&L Lota bowl or Sherman or modified? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Does anyone know if Shermans or P&L ever had a side rings at the middle on their large lota bowl?. I just picked one up that is not hallmarked and has side rings that the seller stated was original . He stated it was P&L based on what he was told by the seller he trusted. BUt I don't recall ever seeing decorative rings on the sides of any lota bowl of either maker and wonder if it was added by the owner. IT surely looks like the P&L but I don't know if I have seen a Sherman in 30 years to recall what the differences were. I recall they were clones but thought Sherman was LOUDER but that could have been that particular bowl.
No Hallmark and the rings have me stumped.
IF anyonehas photos of Sherman Lota bowls, please post some links.
Thanks
Thoughts?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hi Powermagic,
Not sure what you mean by "side rings." Is it like this http://www.archivedauctions.com/s/209026......ew-haven . Because that looks like a legitimate P&L, or a very good knock-off.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I think that you mean "SHERMS".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes. It is "Sherms" though the owner was Robert Sherman.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » P&L Lota bowl or Sherman or modified? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL