The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Zappit New iPhone App (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Brett Sirrell Magician
Hi,

I will be releasing my iPhone next week. It will be available on the App store from the 18th.June. Ive been using it loads recently and its been getting some awesome reactions. I will have a website soon but until then. Here is the youtube video link.

https://youtu.be/fQY8akGBdyw

Zappit is a fun and amazing magic app based around a classic comedy bar-code routine.

A hilarious comedy routine or a serious style prediction effect that will have your audience totally amazed. A mind reading revelation that totally takes your spectators by surprise and will blow their minds.

Tell the spectator to choose a supermarket and choose an item and then a price. You then show them your earlier prediction, a barcode for “that” item. Of course that could be any item, until you hand them your phone and it scans the barcode to reveal that it IS THE barcode at THE chosen price from THE chosen supermarket.

No forces you remain in complete control at all times.
Simple to do method.

Can be combined with many other existing routines or surprise addition to other mentalism and mind reading routines.
Perfect for product placement effects.

You can scan anything you want and it doesn’t have to be a barcode, it will always be reveal the right prediction.
You can even have your website as a QR/Barcode on your business card. Zappit will reveal your prediction when it is scanned, any other scanner it will link to your site.

Fully customisable to match your own phone.
Choose a photo for behind the pass code to match your phone.
Choose a screen shot of your phone homepage so it looks like a regular scanning app is being chosen.
Choose your currency. eg: £, $ or E
Choose your title text ( or extra predictions such as playing card etc)
Choose variable prediction text such as supermarket.
Option to allow the spectator do everything unknowingly so you don’t have to touch the phone.

A simple to use app with almost endless possibilities to amaze and have loads of fun!

Thank you!
Brett Sirrell Magician and entertainer
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
This is out now £24.99. I think I will wait for some reviews. Could be good though.
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zappit-a......s=1&mt=8

We have a web page for more info.
www.amazingmagic.uk/zappit

it will be at £24.99 to start with for those that hear about it first for the first week of sales.

Here are some genuine reactions from some typically very British audiences.

https://youtu.be/q3G1OI4oWo8
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Will this work with U.S. stores and products?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I have another question. When I do a search for Zappit on my iPhone the app comes up, which is good, but the images show it coming up at the top of the image as Zappit Barcode scanner. I'm worried that people will search for this after the effect and find the app. Do you think you should change the fake name to, well, anything else so people can't backtrack it that way? Just a thought.
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Hi Jaizon, Yes its been designed to work with all currencies and full customisable for any store or product. All the text you put in your self so you can choose any system to memorise the reveal. (although its more association than memorising!)
Im not quite sure what you mean, but I assume you mean that the text at the top of the reveal screen. Usually the reveal is so much of a surprise that they will never look at the rest of the screen let alone remember it.
It comes down to like any trick if they are going to do that much research after the event then what the heck just let them!
But seriously they never look in that much detail. The reveal text is totally all they focus on.

If you are referring to the app icon on the home screen, If you look at the website they you will see that I have downloaded a real free app and used that icon on my home screen picture. I chose one with a name that included the words "barcode scanner" and a barcode icon.

One of the things that I was keen to design into this app was flexibility, both in customisation, entertainment value and routine. You don't even need a barcode,

If you have any worries, which you really shouldn't do, the best way is to focus on the fact that its the barcode that is the trick. In the routines video you see I have done this by drawing out a barcode. Telling them that I have learnt to draw barcodes, then let them make the conclusion to scan it. Its a double whammy you focus on the barcode and let them jump to the conclusion of scanning in it.

Just do it, its one of those effects that the more you do the more things and performances you will find and its got so much fun factor!

Enjoy!
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Hi Brett,

Just purchased this as I really like the premise. I think this would also work really well with Nick Einhorn's Digital Force Bag to get the item, as you can say you have a shopping list stored in your notes app, show your prediction and then have them name a number and show the item on your list, ask for supermarket and price, and then go into your reveal.

The problem I have is this is currently unusable for me as I have an iPhone X and it is not optimised for it, the lock screen mentions Touch ID and also adding the background to the passcode screen just looks totally off, as it doesn't fill the full screen, same with the homescreen it has missing top and bottom parts, even if I use the full screenshot.

Would you be willing to optimise this for use on an iPhone X? If not I might have to get a refund from Apple if that is ok? I can send you a screen video of what I see on my phone if that would be helpful, and/or we can talk over PM/Email if you need more details?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
You seem to have misunderstood my question. I am not talking about them looking at my home screen. I am talking about them looking at the two shots you have showing on the app page in the App Store - where they will see the word Zappit. Looking it up from there is easy for them. Not good. I will pass for now.
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Hi Richard, thank you for your feedback for the iPhone X. If you have some screenshots then please can you PM them and I will talk with the software developers.

Thankyou.

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, rmorrell wrote:
Hi Brett,

Just purchased this as I really like the premise. I think this would also work really well with Nick Einhorn's Digital Force Bag to get the item, as you can say you have a shopping list stored in your notes app, show your prediction and then have them name a number and show the item on your list, ask for supermarket and price, and then go into your reveal.

The problem I have is this is currently unusable for me as I have an iPhone X and it is not optimised for it, the lock screen mentions Touch ID and also adding the background to the passcode screen just looks totally off, as it doesn't fill the full screen, same with the homescreen it has missing top and bottom parts, even if I use the full screenshot.

Would you be willing to optimise this for use on an iPhone X? If not I might have to get a refund from Apple if that is ok? I can send you a screen video of what I see on my phone if that would be helpful, and/or we can talk over PM/Email if you need more details?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

www.brettsirrell.co.uk
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, jaizon wrote:
You seem to have misunderstood my question. I am not talking about them looking at my home screen. I am talking about them looking at the two shots you have showing on the app page in the App Store - where they will see the word Zappit. Looking it up from there is easy for them. Not good. I will pass for now.

No worries, but trust me they don't even notice it, they just see the predictions and then react. It has never been a problem.
:-)
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Thanks Brett, have sent you a PM.

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2018, Brett Sirrell Magician wrote:
Hi Richard, thank you for your feedback for the iPhone X. If you have some screenshots then please can you PM them and I will talk with the software developers.

Thankyou.

Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

After seeing the screenshots, I understand your concerns but from what I can see the audience will not notice the difference. We have to produce a fake keypad screen and a screen shot option that fits will several different devices. The small inconsistency you have outlined may be noticeable to you because its your phone but to someone that isn't used to your device let alone your phone it will go totally unnoticed. Remember every phone display is customised by the owner and so IS different. They don't know they are looking at an app and secondly they don't look at the phone long enough to study those details.
If you are really really still worried about it then you can always change the background of the screenshots so the time bars blend in more.

Have a look at the videos you will see what I mean by the reaction it gets..

Go out and do it on regular people, if they notice that its not a real lock screen then I will be amazed. You will be amazed and how much fun you will have doing this.

Also PMd you but feel that I have to point out publicly that we love feedback and will always respond to it.

Quote:
Hi Brett,

Thanks in advance.

Richard.
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
AlakaZane
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of AlakaZane
This looks interesting, is it available on Android?
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Sorry not yet.

We wanted to get it out on IOS first.

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, AlakaZane wrote:
This looks interesting, is it available on Android?
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Hi Brett,

No worries and I appreciate your reply, but as I said in my PM the lock screen might be useable just as a black lockscreen, but the homescreen is not, anyone that owns an iPhone, X or any model knows that the wallpaper goes from top to bottom of the springboard, to have two massive white gaps at the top and bottom is just not acceptable, and something which your developer should have known about and be able to code in. I use several apps, DFB, iUnlock, iThump etc. that all manage to use proper fake home screen shots without issue. Having to make do and get round it in performance shouldn't have to be the answer, it should be right from the start.

I appreciate your reply and your point of view, but for now I am out and have requested a refund, I am only posting this here so people in the same position can make the decision before buying.

I really think this is a fantastic idea, and great natural extension to the bar code gag, and if your developer can sort it in a future release then I won't hesitate to re-purchase.

All the best with it.

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Brett Sirrell Magician wrote:
After seeing the screenshots, I understand your concerns but from what I can see the audience will not notice the difference. We have to produce a fake keypad screen and a screen shot option that fits will several different devices. The small inconsistency you have outlined may be noticeable to you because its your phone but to someone that isn't used to your device let alone your phone it will go totally unnoticed. Remember every phone display is customised by the owner and so IS different. They don't know they are looking at an app and secondly they don't look at the phone long enough to study those details.
If you are really really still worried about it then you can always change the background of the screenshots so the time bars blend in more.

Have a look at the videos you will see what I mean by the reaction it gets..

Go out and do it on regular people, if they notice that its not a real lock screen then I will be amazed. You will be amazed and how much fun you will have doing this.

Also PMd you but feel that I have to point out publicly that we love feedback and will always respond to it.

Quote:
Hi Brett,

Thanks in advance.

Richard.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Great response rmorell and thanks for informing the rest of us.
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
Presidente Prudente/SP - Brasil
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, rmorrell wrote:
I appreciate your reply and your point of view, but for now I am out and have requested a refund, I am only posting this here so people in the same position can make the decision before buying.

I really think this is a fantastic idea, and great natural extension to the bar code gag, and if your developer can sort it in a future release then I won't hesitate to re-purchase.

Just for information, if I'm not mistaken, if you request a refund for some app in the app store, you will not be able to buy it back in the future with the same account.
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
I have purchased this app and am very happy with it! Great app! Easy to use, user friendly, and customizable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Zappit New iPhone App (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL