The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Searches Not Showing Incomplete Hidden Topics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Why do some searched on here turn up nothing, yet when searched for on Google or Yahoo it turns up threads now shown in searches? I seen that a lot on here over the years. For example this search I did on here "X Straw by Dirk Losander" turns up no results when searching all threads and topics, and even the exact forum that it is in "Latest And Greatest" but turns up no results, yet I found it on Yahoo search. So why are all these topics not coming up here and remaining hidden? Kinda sucks and a lot of wasted time thinking that I need to also check Google every time I want to look up something here instead of just on the forum itself. info http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=653154 I even copied the exact words of the topic title for the search and claims to be nothing found. So something is wrong with the search feature here.

The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Thanks sirbad, I'll look into that once I get a chance. It could be any one of a thousand different things.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Well it seems to work now lol.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Only because I did a little trickery on that topic during my own testing, I'm sure there are others out there not being matched due to the bug. It could be something as small as a period instead of a comma in the code. In other words, it's likely going to be difficult to find.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have copied and pasted the exact forum topic and when put into the search it says "no records matched....

Example, in the Latest and Greatest there is a topic "Rematch by Bob King, Presented by Liam" yet no matter how you search it says no results matched.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
True, yet this topic comes up lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Searches Not Showing Incomplete Hidden Topics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL