The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » 2019 Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I have heard the 2019 Convention will be in Las Vegas

is this True as enjoyed the last one

but someone told me it will not be July but in March is this correct

Any Idea
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Yes, the SAM is returning to Las Vegas. The dates are January 18-21, 2020 at the Golden Nugget, Downtown Las Vegas. Enjoy January in Las Vegas and avoid the heat. Members who are busy in the summer can now attend. This is a Saturday – Tuesday Convention and Monday is Martin Luther King Holiday. Discounted $65 room rates available Friday and Saturday too.

Events:
Convention Honorees still to be announced (remember last time SAM was in Vegas?) and group shows offsite (remember the last time SAM was in Vegas?). Perhaps a live presentation of the Copperfield Prize.

But first, we have an amazing convention in Orlando this summer,July 21-23, 2018.

Hotel: Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, $125 single/double. This is luxurious sprawling hotel with 2 story buildings so you do not have to wait for an elevator. Situated at a prime location near all of Orlando's famous theme parks. This hotel has a free shuttle service to nearby parks, and gladly accepts pets. When you arrive at the Wyndham, you'll discover a courtyard area with colorful gardens and peaceful lagoons. The more you walk around the hotel, the more impressed you'll become. There are two heated swimming pools, two whirlpools, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. High-speed Internet access and parking is always complimentary. Tons of dining options within walking distance.

Family Vacation: This will be a 3-day convention, Saturday – Monday with Early Bird BONUS events Friday night. Encourage all that this is a family magic vacation. The magician can attend the convention while the family enjoys the Parks. Registration is set to open Thursday evening so the entire family can enjoy a day at Wizarding World of Harry Potter or the Magic of Disney on Friday without having to rush back to the hotel.

Performers and Lecturers include Peter Samelson, Leland Faulkner, Damien, David Penn, John Bundy, Michael Menes, Sean Heydon, Tom Wright, John Kimmons, Edge and Selkii, Jay Mattioli, Doc Swan, Alana, Mark Horowitz and Greg Wilson. Our Convention Honoree is The Magic Land Of Allakazam: Bev Bergeron, Mark and Nani Wilson, plus Greg and Mike Wilson.

Events:
• British Invasion Close-up and “magic product review” Live with David Penn
• Banquet with the Stars plus Copperfield Prize plus the Restaurant Workers Championship (YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS YEARS Copperfield PRIZE PRESENTATION)
• SAM Contest of Magic Experience
• Lecture Showcase
• Card Throwing Contest
• SYM Fun Run and SYM special events held concurrent with convention.
• Amazing Gala Shows
• SYM Stars of Tomorrow shows
• In all: 5 Shows, 7 Lectures, 7 Sessions and many other special events - 3 days!

Until June 15, Registration is $349 - but a $50 discount for SAM members: $299. $100 family member registration to see all the evening shows seated together.

Mark Weidhaas, S.A.M. Conference Executive
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Wow, this is awesome! What is price now that we are about to be beyond June15?
Jim Murphy
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jim Murphy
You have the dates for the 2020 convention as January 18-21 at the Golden Nugget, Las Vegas. What are the dates and location for the 2019 convention?
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Hello Jim

Our next convention is next week in Orlando. Please visit www.samconvention.com for info.

After that, our next full convention will be January 2020 in Las Vegas. Registration opens on 7/28 in Orlando and on August 1, 2018 on-line for SAM members only. Non-members may register beginning January 1, 2019.
Jim Murphy
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jim Murphy
Thanks for the information. I will plan on being in Las Vegas in 2020.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Thanks for the Update , the last SAM Convention in Las Vegas was superb!

I look forward to return visit in Jan 2020,

Best Regards

Martin
Ian.Adams
View Profile
New user
Southern California
8 Posts

Profile of Ian.Adams
Well it took me a bit to realize the 2019 SAM convention would be in 2020. I've been trying to figure out where the 2019 was- thought I was missing something, LOL. Can't wait.
aj7685
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of aj7685
Thanks for the info, I'll be making an effort to go.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2018, Ian.Adams wrote:
Well it took me a bit to realize the 2019 SAM convention would be in 2020. I've been trying to figure out where the 2019 was- thought I was missing something, LOL. Can't wait.

I think the answer is normally the convention is July but due to the Heat of Las Vegas in July it has been pushed forward so the 2019 convention will be in Jan 2020

Last Vegas convention was great so I am sure this will just as good
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » 2019 Convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL