The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tying loops. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I am curious if anyone has found an object, like a wine bottle or something, that is useful for measuring out loop size? Basically using the object to tie a look around, and being able to have them all come out almost the same size.

Im new to loop work, I had ordered a pack of mesika loops a while ago and broke all of them in a day, figured I would try tying a bunch up and giving it another shot. I'm just not sure about what size I should shoot to make them. Like wine bottle or more like a soda can so they don't stretch too big. I don't know.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a DVD on tying Loops, you might research for it.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
@Head Case:

Google search for: "Subdivided Studios Trinity System". It allows you to do *exactly* what you are asking about.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
What Craig Said. 100% it is the only way I make mine and the size is always perfect as far as wether I want one just for my wrist to a full size body band (and anything in between). IT is super easy to set up and use. While you watch TV, you can knock out 25 or so without even missing a beat. Here is the link to their site.

http://subdividedstudios.com

Here is a review I wrote up a few years back.

Quote:
On Aug 10, 2013, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Just bought this on sale and all I can say is WOW! You get prompt service, the highest quality workmanship in the device, and save TONS of dollars (More than you can save at Geico ). Included in the set are:
The Trinity System - device plus DVD and "practice IET" and tack
LEK (Legacy Emergency Kit) - DVD plus 300' of Legacy 2.0 in a fancy and handy dispenser, tack and scissors in pouch
Lastly a fancy handy dispenser of 1,000' Legacy 2.0 IET.

I must first say this is a beautiful device to just look at much less use. Top quality, fully adjustable to do anything from a child size wrist elastic to a full adult Body Elastic using the same device. The DVD instructions are very clear and easy to follow. (Trinity System and LEK are different methods to an extent that it is worth getting both due to the diversity of the set up and get ready).

There are several great effects on both DVD's fully explained and a good bit of extra thoughts from both Justin Miller and Sebashtion H.

Cost VS Cost... If you currently pay $10 for a pack of 5 invisible wrist elastics that are mass marketed - STOP NOW. I am currently disabled due to cancer, on several meds including hardcore pain killers and undergoing round 2 of chemotherapy due to relapse and I just tied 50 wristbands in less than an hour while watching TV and eating a sandwich. That is $100.00 worth of the mass marketed ones and I have barely used a quarter of my "Practice Thread" which is equal or better quality of the marketed ones. I played with one for almost 2 hours (aggressively ) before breaking it. It only takes 15 mins or so for me to break a marketed one which made me Leary if using IET for a long time. I am sooooo glad I gave this kit a chance. Once I am done using up the practice stuff, I still have 1,300 feet of Top Shelf IET. That's like 1,300 wrist bands costing ($2,600) for the mass market pre tied stuff... An absolute No-Brainer. GET THIS NOW while it is still on sale.

Another plus... I can use the system to tie other IET's like Steve Fearsons EVE which is 3 strands thick and can be stripped down like invisible thread or used "full strength" and have the strength to lift much heavier objects.

All in all I give customer service (as I did make a phone call and an email, both answered promptly so 10/10
Quality of device (including durability,quality, looks, convenience of use) 10/10
IET 10/10
Dispensers, tools, and tips from DVD's 10/10
Routines on DVD's 10/10
Explination of the different tying methods on both DVD's 10/10

Seriously, if you are in to IET work GET THIS NOW.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I second Subdividedstudios and use both Trinity System and LEK
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
TJ Fritts
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TJ Fritts
If you've got access to a workshop you can make a decent tying system by boring two rows of holes spaced equally along the length of a board and using four nails in the holes you want to use. You can then customize your loops as large or small as you like. I find 8d nails fit well enough in 1/8" holes 1/2" deep spaced about 1 inch apart. With the board I drilled I can tie a loop that's too small to use (about 2 inches in diameter) all the way to one that's large enough to drape over my shoulders. I painted my board white to help see what I was doing. You will break a few until you get the hang of it and figure out the tension.

I hope this helps.
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
I reckon as long as you roughly measure out the length of the IT you are using, i.e.. 10inches of string laying flat on a desk, they should all come out fairly equal in size.
As for tying, there are numerous different methods out there. I think any video you get with IT will probably show you how to tie somewhat of a knot. Penguin has their Million dollar Knot, Bruno Copin, Steve Fearson, Subdivided Studios -off the top of my head.
Did you order the 5pack of Loops or the Spool? I'd recombined the spool and tie your own. I probably broke my first few I tied, but am starting to get the hang of how much tension I can put on it. I still get some trouble with heavier objects like playing cards, but straws, plastic forks, bills, etc have been good so far.
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
threadman77
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of threadman77
I have "LITERALLY" tied tens of thousands of invisible elastic bands - eddieraymond.com
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I can vouch for threadman77.
I've bought loops from him a few times.
Very good quality and a fair price.
Ihor
wil3923
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wil3923
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6900
You can also check this out as well. The price is cheap and the review seems very positive.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I highly recommend "The Million Dollar Knot".
It's inexpensive, simple and best of all it works.
Ihor
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
I'm a little late to the game but got excited about the Trinity System after seeing the glowing review on the Wizard Product Reviews. I ordered the The IET Massive Kit directly from Subdividedstudios.com several weeks ago. When it did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called the contact number from the website and spoke with (I think) the owner. He assured me that he had indeed shipped the product but that he would be happy to ship another one since I had not received it. I thought this was very generous. When the product still did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called him back and he assured me that it was packed up and ready to go out the following business day. We discussed the possibility of tracking to ensure we could keep up with the package and he indicated he would send me the tracking number (which he has not done to date). It has been at least two weeks since we last spoke and I still do not have the product in hand. I do not know what to say about this except that I am out $140 for what promises to be a great product but do not have anything to show for the money I spent. If the situation improves I will be sure to post an update here but, as of now, I would not recommend dealing with this vendor.

Regards,
Keith
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2018, AmazingKeithy wrote:
I'm a little late to the game but got excited about the Trinity System after seeing the glowing review on the Wizard Product Reviews. I ordered the The IET Massive Kit directly from Subdividedstudios.com several weeks ago. When it did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called the contact number from the website and spoke with (I think) the owner. He assured me that he had indeed shipped the product but that he would be happy to ship another one since I had not received it. I thought this was very generous. When the product still did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called him back and he assured me that it was packed up and ready to go out the following business day. We discussed the possibility of tracking to ensure we could keep up with the package and he indicated he would send me the tracking number (which he has not done to date). It has been at least two weeks since we last spoke and I still do not have the product in hand. I do not know what to say about this except that I am out $140 for what promises to be a great product but do not have anything to show for the money I spent. If the situation improves I will be sure to post an update here but, as of now, I would not recommend dealing with this vendor.

Regards,
Keith

Ok! So this showed up in the mail today! Looks like everything I ordered is in the package. I'll spare you a review as others have done an awesome job of reviewing this system here and elsewhere on the Café. Just a note that I and others probably need to consider that not all dealers are set up like Penguin and Vanishing Inc with a huge focus on customer service and technology. I suspect that the primary focus of Subdivided Studios is the production of high quality products (as can be seen on their website) but not so much on order fulfillment to the general magic public. After a little persistence on the part of both parties this worked out in the end. I'm looking forward to digging in on this product.

Regards,
Keith
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Trinity System or the Emergency System (LEK) by Subdivided Studios is all you need, and all you will ever need.

Greig.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tying loops. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL