The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Wellington Is Still In Business! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I just talked to Bill at Wellington and he is still in business and wanted me to tell you all. I just ordered a prop from him.
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
144 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
Are you serious? When I last talked with him in early 2014 he said that he was retiring, and when I attempted to contact him earlier this year there was no answer.
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I just bought something from Bill a month ago. He is still open for business.
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
144 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
Did he say anything about why he's still in buisness- changed his mind, had too many requests, etc. Also, any idea if he's still making everything on the site, or just a few things like the magic switchboard (when I last saw him he seemed discouraged that most items don't sell as much as that)?
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
He told me that the job he left to work at was eliminated, so he decided to continue on making magic effects. I don't know if he's making his full line, he didn't say.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Does anyone have a link to a website or a contact number?
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
It's WellingtonEnterprises.
Bill Schmeelk

wellingtonent.com
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
144 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
Http://www.wellingtonent.com/f_index.html

I just saw him a few weeks ago. I took my see through guillotine to him for some repairs. It doesn't look like he's making everything. He said that one of his main employees, someone who was a major help will never be back, so he's on his own.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Anyone have any recent contact with Wellington? I've tried to contact him several times regarding a Tri-Section and not gotten any response.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, thomasR wrote:
Anyone have any recent contact with Wellington? I've tried to contact him several times regarding a Tri-Section and not gotten any response.

try Facebook. Someone just had success getting a response through Facebook.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, thomasR wrote:

try Facebook. Someone just had success getting a response through Facebook.

thanks! Smile
goodingda
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of goodingda
I almost bought Tri-Section about 2-1/2 years ago. At the time, he had only one left and was not planning to make anymore.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, goodingda wrote:
I almost bought Tri-Section about 2-1/2 years ago. At the time, he had only one left and was not planning to make anymore.

Interesting. I would think that would be one of the last things he would keep making, since it's a smaller item and he's the exclusive maker.

Maybe the right used one will appear one day!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I spoke to Bill S on the phone a few weeks ago. He’s moving shop and won’t be up & going for a while; but it looks like he’ll be back at it sooner or later. I really hope so because there are a few things such as the Tri-Section Illusion that I’d love to get.

There are bootleg pieces of garbage Tri-Sections on sale online for a fraction the price but I would rather wait forever than buy from one of those sleazy unscrupulous individuals. Hopefully I won’t have to wait forever!
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Glad to hear an update. I'm really wanting a Wellington Trisection as well! I'd also like to get one of his Bow Saw's, I have an Owen and I've heard the Wellington "works itself" - sounds like it would be worth the upgrade for me.
Don
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Don
I'm glad you have a owen bow saw! How long have you had it?

I wish you many happy years with it!
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I got mine in May. Got a great deal on it used. It's a great prop. As a kid I remember seeing Blackstone Jr. perform the Owen bow saw on TV so it's very cool to own the same prop.
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Master craftsman.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Update: I got a Trisection from Wellington recently. The quality is as good as it gets. Super quality. Every detail has been worked out. Bill designed a new table that goes with the illusion which truly makes this one of my all-time favorites.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Wellington Is Still In Business! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL