The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash paper and airplanes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doc Willie
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
Would flash paper be detected by dogs or other sniffers if carried onto an airplane? Or if packed in luggage? Wet?

Just curious if guncotton is a detectable explosive.

No, I am not trying to blow up an airliner with flash paper. Nor do I want to get arrested.

And in any case, I will leave it at home when traveling by air.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I have carried it in both checked and carryon. If it's wet you are more safe obviously. I don't think they are looking for nitrocellulose in particular.

Having said that you never know.
Official Thread Killer
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Nitrocellulose or white smokeless powder is the propellant in in hand gun bullets. They might be on the look it for it, you never know.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
101 Posts

Profile of How
I wouldn’t risk it. Lol
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Flashpaper is nitrocellulosis. It is higly flammable and an explosive. In many countries the laws concerning explosives are applicable.
It should never be transported on a plane- not in the luggage and not in the cabin. Ask your dealer to deliver the amount needed directly to the venue before you travel there. Remind the dealer to deliver the material in wet condition. Ask the hotel or theatre to store the parcel in a safe. You should know how to dry nitrocellulosis correctly. You need a room without flammable material and while drying the nitrocellulosis must be monitored all the time. There is a trick how to dry it fast and safe. Professional pyrotechnicians are educated how to do it. Sadly many magical suppliers are not used to label it properly with GHS signs and to add documents with CAS-number.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash paper and airplanes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL