The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » R. Paul Wilson's "Con Cam Coincidencia" (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Interestingly, Shin Lim chose to perform this routine on the final episode of AGT this year. He also performed it on Ellen.

Here are clips of both his performances of "Con Cam Coincidencia":

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I just downloaded this. For an ex professional and now an every now and then performer this is a great mind blowing trick. For me it's good because there's not much to remember if you only occasionally perform. But it packs a super wallop.

The little details from Mr Lim are great as well. But R. Paul makes it very easy to select the card and place it back in the deck. A real no brainer if you want a mind blower routine.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
C'mon guys. if this blew minds in AGT, and it is not very difficult to do, it is a keeper. WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY. IT IS A REPUTATION MAKER, and it highlights the importance of showmanship and routining as the key to great card magic. not finger flicking moves, as in so many people's ace sandwich type effects. this kills.
gismo
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of gismo
Thanks for posting the Shin Lim Videos, now I have Con Cam Coincidencia in focus again
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Not sure why I did not notice this before but have R Paul Wilsons DVD set. Shin puts a nice touch on it, instead of the way it is taught on the DVD with a k****** makes it even more deceptive and impossible. Definitely be breaking this out this weekend.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
If anyone is wondering which DVD set it is on, it is his Killers DVD collection.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Thanks guys for highlighting this. I never knew this effect before and it's so obvious. Amazing reactions!
On the Ellen Show one of the participants didn't handle her cards well but no one noticed.

Like Gemini Twins it impresses despite its simplicity.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2018, Robert P. wrote:
If anyone is wondering which DVD set it is on, it is his Killers DVD collection.

If I had the extra $$ I would have bought the 2 dvd set just cuz. However, I got the download. I believe this is some money really well spent and I'm not really a card guy. Actually kinda new to cards,still. Use any borrowed deck. Shuffle the cards around alot! It seems impossible! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! There's a reason everyone was baffled! 😀. $.02
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Combine this with Ryan Schlutz's Pivotal P*** and you will devastate magicians with this.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Hey guys -- let me know what you think of a potential "pre-climax" to C3:

Suppose you set a "prediction" on the table before the proceedings.
Now, *just* before the final reveal, you ask each participant to announce the *number* of cards in their pile.
You then ask one of the volunteers to sum up the number of cards in the four piles.
Of course, just before you make that request, you pick up the "prediction" and use a TW/NW and some (trivial) arithmetic...
You turn over the prediction, and it matches the total number of cards in the four piles.

The "benefit" of this "extension" to the effect is three-fold:
- it is another "magical moment" (with heat off the "work")
- it adds some "delay misdirection" before the final reveal
(but more importantly)
- it gives some rationale for the proceedings! (otherwise, it is kind of "random magician stuff")
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Shin Lim really makes this look great!
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
I performed this at a table full of magicians.. and no one had a clue.. Pregnant pauses and conversation are the key. It's the small talk that makes the audience forget all the steps. The last step bothered me also.. until I decided to perform it with panache. In the unlikely event one of the spectators catches on to what you're doing, pat them on the back and congratulate them for being in the top 2 percentile of geniuses. They won't tell and they'll love you for the compliment. Should you buy it? If it's something you'll add to your repertoire, then it's well worth the single item purchase price. I've bought entire DVD sets.. and not found a single worthy effect.
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
robo2084
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of robo2084
Hi all, I was just looking at the Shin Lim performance of this and was wondering if anyone knows what peek or riffle force Shin Lim uses. It's quite effective. He does seem to possibly look at the bottom card in the deck as he hands it to Ellen.
alexK
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of alexK
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2020, robo2084 wrote:
Hi all, I was just looking at the Shin Lim performance of this and was wondering if anyone knows what peek or riffle force Shin Lim uses. It's quite effective. He does seem to possibly look at the bottom card in the deck as he hands it to Ellen.

Paul also brings out C3 Poker, it,'s a second version of this effect (different) and there he teaches I think the same peek shin was using on the AGT Performance.
Pepsi Twist
View Profile
New user
Bexhill UK
73 Posts

Profile of Pepsi Twist
The peek or one almost indistinguishable is also the first item in John Bannon's Mentalissimo
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2020, Pepsi Twist wrote:
The peek or one almost indistinguishable is also the first item in John Bannon's Mentalissimo

I really great peek, you can do miracles with it...
Do your best and forget the rest
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
I am a huge fan of this! Using a m****d deck, it was easily within my skill level early and a great way to incorporate three other people and concentrate on presentation.
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
83 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
I peek a k** c*** when they go to return the fair selection, then ribbon spread face up asking a different spectator if they see the selected card. They say no, I say of course you do because they are all right there! Then I go about the rest of the routine as I confirm that only one spectator knows the selection; not me and not anyone else; very fair and allows you to call back that moment later in the routine.
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
I like the basic routine that Paul teaches, but there are some good tips here for taking it up another notch. Thanks.
Ron Spangler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » R. Paul Wilson's "Con Cam Coincidencia" (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL