We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Larry- Army. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Larry, you mentioned you were in the Army. Any performing done for the USO? I just enlisted in the Navy, under the terms of doing USO shows. Thanks so much,

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7291 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Im in the airforce for four years now stationed in wyoming and w ehave a thing called Tops and Blues I want to try out buti need to come-up with a stage act. Im a close-up performer. Any Advice Larry?
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
This sounds like the military has changed a bit. When I was in the Army, we did shows as part of a "Special Services" unit. USO was strictly for civilians who were entertaining troops. Many years after my Army service, I did a number of USO tours but never heard of servicemen in the USO at that time. Has this changed?
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
I was in the Military Police. I performed at the Officers Club at Ft. Meade. Special Services while stationed at Operation Southern Pines. And finally while stationed at the Maryyland Military District as an assistant to the Provost Marshal. It was during this period that I made the conversion from magic to mentalism. The full story is in the bio in Stunners.
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7291 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well didn't know that I am Military police in the airforce. And as far as tops and blues. its a program that usually has singers and actors but if you try out andget excepted then you will be released from your unit for a year to trave l with everyone else to everybase in the world to perform.
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
It was my magical background that enabled me to perform my way into the MP when the other guys I went in with ended up in the tank corps. With a service audience comedy is king. It wasn't till I performed at the retirement party of my C.O. that I converted to mentalism. Shortly thereafter I was honorably discharged in 1953. I never went back to magic, but I did retain the desire to get a laugh, especially if I was the butt of the joke.
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Larry- Army. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL