The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Health » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
355 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Larry,

I can recall reading an article, written by Robert Bluemle and published in "The Linking Ring" several years ago, which candidly detailed the major health crisis that you faced during the 1990's. As described in Robert Bluemle's article, the manner in which you and your wife worked through this crisis and turned it into something positive, was something that I found inspiring.
"One arrow. One life."
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Thank you. We're still at it. They still don't know what causes it and there is still no cure. Regards- Larry
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
Fred Berthelot
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
355 Posts

Profile of Fred Berthelot
Larry, thank you for being outspoken about the disease. I admire that. It's important to make people aware of it. I used to think that cancer affected "other" people, however, both my parents have had to deal with it. My dad was lucky enough to have it diagnosed early on and he is clean to this day. My mom however was diagnosed two years ago with bile duct cancer, which is very hard to treat. Typical life expectancy after diagnosis is 3 to 6 months. She valiantly fought for 20 months, but unfortunately passed away last November Smile

It's important that entertainers like you bring the disease to people's attention. Lance Armstrong has made it his mission in life, and is more proud of being a cancer survivor than being a 6-time Tour winner. We tend to forget that it can strike anyone, for any reason (but I can't comprehend why smokers would willingly increase their odds exponentially...) Getting an annual checkup is extremely important.

Keep up the good work Larry!
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Thanks Fred. April and I continue to spread the word. April became one of the founding members of the National Prostate Cancer Coalition and served as secretary/treasurer for several years. She founded the women's PC support groups, lobbied the Governor of Arizona to appoint a blue ribbon PC Task Force. And I continue to provide a free 30 minute program to corporations and service organizations that is both entertaining and educational. It's a win-win-win endeavor. The organization gets a free speaker, we get our m,essage across to men at risk and it's great practice. What more could you ask for.
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Health » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL