We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Need to know creator or origin of this trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
269 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
I've seen this trick a long time ago by another magician, but I don't know who created it, but I developed a new handling of the thing that I would like to publish. However, I would like to give credit to the creator. Can anyone help? the trick goes like this:

It's a color changing silk with sucker explanation.

You show a silk and an empty hand. Pass the silk thru the hand and it changes color. you offer to teach and you say that you hide the silk in the hand, so, you start putting the silk in the hand and say: you can never open the hand (open the hand, silk is gone) or leave a tip of the silk showing (reach for you fist and pull a bit of the silk out, silk is back) basically this goes on and on until in the end you produce the silk from your mouth.
It just uses to silks and a TT.
Any ideas about the creator?
Thanks
Alex
Alex
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
23972 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I've seen this performed more often with a dye tube than with a thumb tip. Versions of it have been published by Billy McComb and by Roger Klause. It goes back a long way.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18234 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jack Chanin had a version, Tom Waterman, in England might have been first, there was another write up in a book here in the USA by someone that wrote mostly comedy material.

Lloyd Enoch's was one of the first to do the "Partially dyed" finish, Billy McComb's version is probably the most popular.

Two Scots, Ron Wilson and Pat Page had terrific versions, as did Ken Brooke (who was inspired by Chanin).

I learned it initially from Pat Page, then using my Lloyd Enoch's gimmick (see Rice's Encyclopedia of Silk Magic for his version) and a Rice Palmo, I now do my variation of McComb's "Half Dyed Silk."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
269 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Thanks for your help guys.
Alex
Alex
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
23972 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Palmo and the other gimmicks, such as a dye tubem have the advantage of having openings at each end of the gimmick, which makes them far more suitable for this than a TT.

Also, you can do TT moves with a dye tube or a Palmo. Most people don't know that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6113 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Jay Scott Berry's "Eclipse" would be effective for this type of routine.
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
269 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Yes, but the handling I think I created, handles the TT very well and makes, in my opinion, thje trick very very deceiving.
All the audiences I perform this for love it.
Alex
Alex
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5618 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I can't imagine that TT is better than Dye Tube in this kind of magic. The trick was a feature trick by Dark Yamato, a Japanese funniset magician. Wasn't it in Tarbell Course?

BTW, I have created a Color Change with TT. I push a silk into left fist. When I pull out it, it has changed its color. I open both hands when I pull out the silk to show both hands are empty. It is published in my "Maigc 100" published in 1992.

Hideo Kato
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18234 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The name I was trying to remember re the creation of the sucker silk, is Frank Lane. BTW Joe Porper has made a FABULOUS dye tube for the cc silk. Look at it here http://www.porperoriginals.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Need to know creator or origin of this trick (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.073752 seconds, requiring 40 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [1] [8] [9] [5] [1] [0] [6]