The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » XR Illusions (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Has there been any update regarding the situation with Billy Diamond. I have read all the old posts but nothing as of late.

Billy is up to his old tricks again, and unfortunately I'm one of his victims. He gladly charged $1000 for an item that is over 7 weeks late. Granted $1000 isn't too much, but it is when your a struggling magician. Emails, and phone messages go unreturned and his cell is now disconnected.

Whats the deal with guy?

Advice?
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
At the risk of being self serving, you should be working with a builder with a reputation of dependability and honesty, [like myself] and there are plenty of others:)

Jack
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Jack well said. And Jack has a great reputation and he is beyond dependability. He will get the job done with a tight schedule. Kudos to you Jack.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Thanks. that's the exact answer I was looking for. If I had known he wasnt trustworthy I wouldnt have gone to him in the first place. But thank you again for giving me advice on bad decisions I have made in the past. Or perhaps you didn't read my post properly? Or perhaps this just an opportunity for you to get a free plug? I was actually looking for advice on what to do post mordem.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Unfortunatley you are doing the best you can short of legal action that Im sure you are considering. This why There is a code of ethics in magic. I also suggest you seek The intervention of any of the magical societies that he belongs to. Buying magic from someone that is not an established bricks and mortar shop or a reputable builder is a gamble at best. Remeber everyone that there are sharks out there so beware. our friend it seems has been bitten and for that we are sorry. but we all lern from his pain.
Michael Taggert
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Hey guys, I've been thinking about this concept for a while: What do you think of a rating system being implimented somewhat like the better business bureau but for the magic industry. For dealers, designers and builders? So there'd be an Authorized builder, designer, what have you.... so you know that whomever you dealing with has been rated and HAS TO adhere to certain rules and guidlines etc...
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Ryan, that idea is great...now how to implement it? I plan to sell things of an illusionary nature in the future, and would be more than willing to have my service subjected to scrutiny so that people have a better idea of "what kind of business I run."

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
It does appear that his website is back up and functioning...and some of it may make interesting reading for you RSD. Check out the fourth question in his FAQ at http://www.xrillusions.com/faq.htm.

Although in my dealings with him, I found his NDA to be completely worthless (especially if he's signed it), it does make for amusing reading as well...especially the last paragraph. http://www.xrillusions.com/non-disclosure-agreement.htm

I hope you get this situation worked out to your satisfaction. I never recieved my money from the man...or even an apology. Good luck to you.

Dan Wolfe, aka. "The Amazing EARL"
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
RSD, I'm sorry if my post sounded only like a plug. I was trying to offer you my services! I can't get your money back, but I CAN save you money and all the grief on your next project. If you wish to send me an email or PM regarding the projest Billy D took your money for, maybe I can offer some pain relief.

Jack
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

I have oen suggest. I don't know how far you are from his shop. But I would take a day trip down and see what the scope is. Or if you know someone down there have them stop in and see what is going on.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Lots of interesting replies...

BLUTROL, Legal action is an option. However, I plan on contacting the credit card company I used for payment. I have sent him a demand letter with 7 days to respond.

REEDRC, I think your idea is great. Perhaps some of the magic societies can endorse builders. There can be a strict criteria that they must adhere too. Complaints would be investigated by this body.

JACK, Thanks for your offer, but I already have purchased the same item from another dealer. A dealer that I should have gone to in the first place. I have checked out your site and perhaps there will be an opportunity in the future.
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
Quote:
On 2005-02-14 11:30, The Mirror Image wrote:
I have oen suggest. I don't know how far you are from his shop. But I would take a day trip down and see what the scope is.

Billy has NEVER given a physical address on his website or printed materials. I suppose you could check out the scope of his post office box. ;o)

A Police Detective called me from down there just yesterday. As I understand it, the trial (one of them) is set to begin in May 2005...although it seemed to be news to both he and the District Attorney that Mr Diamond declared bankruptcy six months ago. (I saw it in their local newspaper on the web.)

That being the case, I've given up on seeing any of my money from the man; the royalties from the illusion I invented that he sold. I'll be releasing it through Chalet...whose workshop I HAVE been able to visit.

Good luck!

Dan Wolfe, aka. "The Amazing EARL"
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Here is the info that I have

XR ILLUSIONS GROUP
PO Box 133
Camp Hill, PA 17001 United States

Telephone/Fax 717-731-9880

If that helps.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Billy is a Rip OFF. Don't Buy From Him.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Well I wasn't giveing the info for buying uses. But if you need an address or something.

You can take him to small claims court to get your money back. We did this for some thing non-magicial but it was a rip-off type deal.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » XR Illusions (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL