The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Credit References needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of seraph127
First we b1t¢h because the young folk don't know credit information. Then when they ask for credit information, we b1t¢h because they don't have all the old books. What next - when they ask about an item from Expert at the Card Table (sorry, Artifice, Ruse and Subterfuge at the Card Table, stupid git that I am!) we'll scream "Ever heard of New Era Card Tricks, punk?! How about Discoverie of Witchcraft?! You think card magic was invented in the 20th century?!!!!"

Kids these days...

Maybe they'll conclude we're just a bunch of b1t¢hes who want to keep the kids off our carefully-manicured lawn. We might really not mean to do so, but we can sure give that impression. But hey, they don't have to submit to our chastisement. They can just go cruise the Youtube "tutorials".

I love old books and recommend them. But if someone seems like they're headed in the right direction, encourage that.

"Tact" may be the word I'm looking for here.

"My friends, if anyone is detected in a transgression, you who have received the Spirit should restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness. Take care that you yourselves are not tempted." Gal 6:1 NRSV

"It is not the old that are wise, nor the aged that understand what is right." Job 32:9 NRSV
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-02-21 19:24, TOBIAS wrote:
I hope this was not an attack towards me?
I just want to know if what I know is the oldest and first writen versions. ...

Did you find the connections between the books cited, the items of inquiry and their inventors?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is NRSV a real secrets item?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 09:01, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Is NRSV a real secrets item?

No way. Too valuable.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Credit References needed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL