The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nemo 1500 by Ken Brooke review needed (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
So is this wallet full sized or hip size?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-03-10 16:57, Mike M wrote:
So is this wallet full sized or hip size?

These wallets are for gentlemen. They are the typical larger wallets usually provided by English dealers. Not livin in England, I cannot say if this a standard design or not.

None of the wallets from the Ken Brooke line were hip wallets. As in the 1970's men wore suits or sport jackets to special events. Not shirt and pants only.

Originally, Ken Brooke made the Nemo 1500 up with leather traveller check wallet or the wallet could hold checks that have a stub. I had the trick remade using leather card wallet.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
656 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
The new collectible Nemo 1500 will be of a size typically used to hold credit cards The compact size facilitates the handling and makes it more practical. The embossing is also well done and very readable.

Currently there is no website for this collection, but I believe that one will be available for viewing soon. The timeline for release is still up in the air, but I will keep those interested up to date on any new developments as I hear of them.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
656 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
My only problem with these releases is the Joe Stevens bought and paid for the EXCLUSIVE USA RIGHTS to these effects, from Paul Stone.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
656 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
With respect to Pete Biro, his information is in fact incorrect. Joe Steven's no longer has any distribution rights for the Ken Brooke line. the Ken Brooke signature classics range are exclusively owned and distributed world-wide by the Unique Magic Collection in England and were launched last week with success at the Magic Circle Centenary Convention in London. Jhonny Thompson performed is supeb routine cobining the 5 star wallet and Nemo 1500 in his lecture there and fully endorsed the quality of the products. The ownership rights to the KB range of magic were bought by Paul Stone from Ken in 1980 and he still retains those exclusive rights.

magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I saw Johnny Thompson at the Centenary and the routine was fantastic, it fooled most of the audience. Althouth the routine was that good that I purchased what was required from Paul Stone, it was not as good as the egg bag which was one of the best egg bag routines I have seen.

Paul
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2815 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Do you need to be wearing a jacket to perform this one? In other words, can you perform this in jeans and a tee shirt?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3455 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
You need sufficient pocket space for the wallets. But the wallets are extremely thin and easy to carry.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Corpmagi may be wrong... let's see how the legal side plays out.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Has anyone actually bought this effect as advertised by Unique? I'm interested how it compares with the Stevens effect in terms of the wallet(s)supplied. Unique state that it is credit card size and I wondered how ordinary or prop-like it is.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I am also interested Gary. I've been contemplating this one for a while. It's time to make a decision. Stevens or Unique? I too would appreciate some feedback on either. Thanks.

Snidini
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1059 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I own the Stevens version and it is nice. I've been thinking about dropping for one of the Unique versions. Review anyone?
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
912 Posts

Profile of Martino
Whilst I do not own the Unique version of Nemo 1500, I do own their Kaps/Absolutely Impossible Wallet and the quality is absolutely first class. I would suggest that if the effect appeals and you can afford it, you will not be disappointed.

Martino.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2566 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I have the Stone version of Nemo 1500 and the wallet(s) are gorgeous.

Robert
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Pete is correct. The legal issues have been worked out. This is the standard version that Stevens carries:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=6221

And this is the Ken Brooke signature classic version:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7968

Bob Phillips
mortep00
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of mortep00
Looks like Steve's version has been removed!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3455 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have both versions. Both do the same effect. Paul Stone's version uses nicer leather wallets and the gold embossing is also nicer. Mr. Stone's version is worth the extra money.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
90 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
Hi All
Has anyone ordered anything from Paul Stone recently? I sent in a paypal order over the weekend (5 days ago) and have not received any followup or confirmation e-mail except from paypal. I also sent a direct e-mail for confirmation, but have hot heard anything back. It is a bit odd to send that much money into the ether with no followup. Anyone know what's up? Is this normal?
Mark
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1059 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Where do you find the Paul Stone version of Nemo?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nemo 1500 by Ken Brooke review needed (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL