The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nemo 1500 by Ken Brooke review needed (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
90 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
Here:
http://www.uniquemagiccollection.com
Follow the links.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2844 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I wonder how this compares to the Five Star Miracle Wallet effect they sell as well. Seems somewhat similar in its workings with one using envelopes.
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
90 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
An update on my previous post...I received the wallet today Fedex. No problems. I got the Absolutely Impossible wallet so I can not comment on the Nemo/Five Star Miracle comparison. The add does say that the 5 Star Wallet is "Based on the Himber Principle". You might also check out David Regal's reviews of all of the Ken Brooke Signature Classics line in Genii.
Mark
Franky
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Franky
Hi Mark,
I`m interested in the Absolutely Impossible wallet.
Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Franky
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
912 Posts

Profile of Martino
It's a great wallet. Extremely high quality and the method is very sneaky. It's a great wallet/great trick. A lot of money but if you're going to use it, it's well worth it.

Martino.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
90 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
Franky
I agree with Martino. You can check a few additional comments in a previous Café thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
But do keep in mind we are talking about two wallets (maybe more, I have lost track). The Ken Brooke Signature Classics, and the cheaper one (but also Ken Brooke) now appearing on the Stevens WEB page. There is also the Nemo 1500 which is what this thread was supposed to be about before it got side tracked by...maybe me!
Mark
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
How fair is the selection of the card? It isn't one of those "cut the deck, bring it to the top, let's switch it in a sneaky way" wallets is it?
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1140 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2006-05-15 23:20, Clock wrote:
How fair is the selection of the card? It isn't one of those "cut the deck, bring it to the top, let's switch it in a sneaky way" wallets is it?

it`s very fair. the spectator does everything. you don`t touch the cards!
kiki
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of towledge
Anyone know the status of a Nemo 1500 DVD to be produced by Paul Stone?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3418 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I saw Johnny do this and it killed but it's been several years and I can't remember. In the ad for this, it shows a deck where you can see all 52 cards. Can you freely show the cards before the selection process?
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Yes, with care..Smile
robsigns
View Profile
New user
Southern California
72 Posts

Profile of robsigns
I got this a few weeks back and I'll echo what others have said here. The ad copy is right on. I've only done it a few times now in actual performance, but it's gotten a strong reaction every time. I recommend it.

Does anyone know where I could see video of Johnny Thompson performing it? I've heard so much about his performance, I'd love to see it.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1140 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Why not using the superforcedeck (ted lesley) for this effect? the spectator can shuffle the deck!
kiki
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Quote:
On 2006-05-16 04:07, KiKi wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-15 23:20, Clock wrote:

it`s very fair. the spectator does everything. you don`t touch the cards!
kiki

KiKi, NOT a totally true statement "you don't touch the cards". Reread your instructions that come with the trick. Remember, directions state; "Performer starts dealing the cards on to the table one at a time." This is on page 3 paragraph two, second sentence. Your statement could be interpreted that the whole trick is ALL in the hands of the spectator but this is not totally true. Before someone spends almost $200 of their hard earned money, I just wanted to set the facts straight. Yes the ending and revelation is done at the hands of the spec but initially, the deck must be dealt by the the magician.

Oh and yes by the way, this trick does kill. Showed this to some folks at SAM con who hadn't seen or heard of it and it got great reactions.
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
When you go to this site

http://www.uniquemagiccollection.com

they say about the Nemo 1500 that A Johnny Thompson Miracle with a 'Knockout' finale... Yet another reputation maker!

Does that now mean that the trick comes with the full routine by MR Thompson?

thanks
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Stevens Magic is the sole legal distributor of the Ken Brooke magic line. Here is the link for Nemo 1500:

Bob Phillips

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7968
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2844 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
No, it does not come with Johnny Thompson's routine at all!
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
211 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
I can tell you from experience that this is a killer routine and very commercial. I was lucky enough to have Johnny Thompson himself teach me his routine over 30 years ago and I have used it constantly since then. The set that Paul Stone sells is beautiful and works perfectly for the routine. You will need the Nemo 1500 set as well as the Five Star Wallet.

Just to tease you all, Ken Brooke made a very limited number of wallets (I believe only 12 sets were made) that combined the Nemo 1500 blow-off with the Five Star Wallet. If you are familiar, think about that and the possibilities!

Marc DeSouza
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
You can pay the shipping from England for this, or Stevens Magic is the sole US distributor for this.

Bob Phillips
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of maps
So where can one get Johnny Thompson's routine and the props?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nemo 1500 by Ken Brooke review needed (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL