The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nemo 1500 by Ken Brooke review needed (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of magicmann
It was Paul Stone and you are correct he did promise a DVD although I don't think one is required.

I saw Johnny Thompson perform this at the Magic Circle Centenary and it was mindblowing.

Paul
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Again, on an unrelated note, I have the Nemo Rising cards, and the best handling I have seen of it is Paul Daniels.

Here's a clip of Paul Daniels doing the Nemo Rising cards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgNRdxZUUZ8
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1136 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2010-08-24 13:17, JanForster wrote:
Yes, face up is stronger and it is no problem to do so. And Kiki: Look up the "Magie" January 2008; there I gave some additional ideas... Smile Jan

Magie?
kiki
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3533 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Magie? Yes, the journal of the Magic Circle Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-08-24 16:39, Rainboguy wrote:
Again, on an unrelated note, I have the Nemo Rising cards, and the best handling I have seen of it is Paul Daniels.

Here's a clip of Paul Daniels doing the Nemo Rising cards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgNRdxZUUZ8

Thank you for the reference, I have seen this video, but honestly, I think it is awful. I reall would like the see the handling as discribed in the instructions.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1136 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2010-08-24 20:58, JanForster wrote:
Magie? Yes, the journal of the Magic Circle Smile Jan

I am not a member!
kiki
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2815 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I had a long discussion once with Eugene Burger about this effect. He said he could never do it face up. Just too much chance that someone will "notice" something. Especially a spectator who is possibly looking for their favorite card (even if you tell them not too) or just being slow about choosing, and others are watching over their shoulder.

Just my opinion. Face up when it works is stronger. However, I do it face down and then make a big deal that if they stopped me one, two or three cards earlier it would have been "these" cards and if they went on one two or three more cards they would be different as well. This proves the deck is random.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well you are missing out on an important part of the trick. I have done it face up since I purchased it in the 1970's and it has never failed.

If you really are that scared then use the 16 card set up where a normal deck is used.

huangja
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of huangja
Did Stevens recently drop the price on this? I remember I paid $175 for this a few years ago. Is the quality the same?
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1039 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I've been performing the five star miracle effect using a Koran stack for years. Does anybody know how different the Nemo 1500 is from that effect (from a spectator's perspective)?

Thanks!

All the best,
MJ
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1136 Posts

Profile of KiKi
It´s pretty the same, but the engraving of the card on the wallet raises the effect a bit more.
huangja
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of huangja
Quote:
On 2011-02-02 21:46, MJ Marrs wrote:
I've been performing the five star miracle effect using a Koran stack for years. Does anybody know how different the Nemo 1500 is from that effect (from a spectator's perspective)?

The major difference is you can hand out the wallet and the prediction card for examination if you choose to.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On 2011-02-02 21:46, MJ Marrs wrote:

Thanks!

All the best,
MJ

Well good news and bad news on that question.

First the good news. As the trick is sold now from Stevens:

1. It doesn't matter if you show cards face up or face down..... yeah cause there's nothing out of the ordinary to see, nothing, absolutely nothing.
2. If you are the spectator you have at a pretty good chance of winning $100.

Now the bad news, for you magi.

You may lose $100 if your audience is not polite and actually do what you tell them they can do.

and Koran will look at this and say, "........ yeah but I think you are missing my point."
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
475 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
I know this is old thread, just happen to bump into this while searching for "Koran Five Star Wallet"

You could use Marc Oberon "Bang On" with a Normal Deck instead "Koran Deck" and keep Mr.Thompson presentation, heck you can do this while the spectator deal it face up without fear of someone noticing something, this is known as Koran deck Phobia

and Some of you will read my post and say, "........ yeah but I think you are missing my point."

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2519 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I got this---I like it but I would think you would have to have outs built in... Feel free to PM me with any thoughts. Thanks
Gene B
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA
190 Posts

Profile of Gene B
Is the Steven's version the same as Ken Brookes?
Gravity--It's not just a rule--It's the Law!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2519 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 13:52, Gene B wrote:

I believe so---Stevens bought the rights to it and the box it comes in references Ken Brookes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 13:52, Gene B wrote:

Stevens Magic is selling the latest created props for this effect, and the instructions is the original Ken Brooke's instructions.

Ken Brooke sold the effect with light brown leather Traveler Check Wallets. I did not care for the original wallets, so I made mine out of leather card holder wallets. Back then we had a local leather manufacturer in town that could print in gold.

magicwolverine
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of magicwolverine
Two more years and several dozens of emails later...still no promised DVD.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is my fault they don't produce a DVD. Every time they ask me, I tell them that the routine is what is being sold, and being Johnny Thompson aka the Great Tomsoni sold his version to Ken Brooke back in the 1970's, he should be the one to explain the complete routine on a DVD. I guess they do not want to commission Johnny Thompson to participate in the DVD.

Additionally, all the great presentation advice that Ken Brooke gives in his instructions would be lost by the making of a DVD. Without this invaluable advice and tips, success in presentation cannot be guaranteed.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nemo 1500 by Ken Brooke review needed (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL