The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2005 entrée: David Acer » » Your film work » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
David,

I love the short films of yours that I've seen. You either have a love for film, or have studied it. Do you have bigger plans in this direction? Are you working on anything now? What elements of making a film are the most enjoyable for you (writing, directing, editing..etc).

Glenn Farrington

btw...I love doing Bespectacle...I had to change my normal sunglasses to use a pair that works easier...but the reactions beats the trade off.
David Acer
View Profile
V.I.P.
177 Posts

Profile of David Acer
Hi Glenn,

The short films on my website (and the few that have appeared on my lecture videos) were actually part of a big batch of films I made four or five years ago that ran before the shows at a comedy club in Montreal. The films were anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes in length, and actually became popular enough that we put them all together a few years back for a show at the Montreal Fringe Festival called 18 SHORT FILMS ABOUT DAVID ACER.

Not long after, a television producer became interested in doing a series based on the films (13 half-hours, in a kind of "Mr. Bean" vein), but as is often the case in television, all the excitement, e-mails, pitches, packages, paperwork and promises ultimately came to naught...

Still, over the past few years, I've compiled another 30 or 40 short-film ideas in my notebooks and I'm itching to start making them again. Unfortunately, the comedy club they used to run at no longer plays shorts before each show, and, although I didn't realize it at the time, it turns out that seeing the reaction to the films on a nightly basis from a large audience was a HUGE motivating factor in actually getting them done.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2005 entrée: David Acer » » Your film work » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL